accg200 (1 Viewer)

mashimaro1987

HSC
Hey guyz....did anyone go to the last lecture of accg200? I missed out cos' i was really sick that day > < did i missed out on anything important>?

aileenli

HSC
I quote: "All the stuff I'm going to tell you now is posted on the website"

we finished about 40mins early...

shhy8029

HSC
N/A
I'm so not ready for the final.

just why why why is decision making and budgeting so freakin hard!!

do you guys reckon the difficulty of the final will be similar to that of our extra questions?? cuz if its harder there is no way i'll pass the final...

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
accg200 lol i ended up with 60 i think

and yeah final is harder... plzzz don't start with MC! the MC is harddddddddddddddd extremely hard, ur better off doing the long short answer questions than wasting your time on MC

aileenli

HSC
I recall Alex Yu saying something in week 8 about "I've seen the exam paper, you better start preparing now...."

Woops :(

shhy8029

HSC
N/A
how did you guys go today?

multiple choice part was piss easy, almost 10 questions on variances and easy CVP crap

T-ledger was ok,
ABC...what the fark is 'overhead costs allocated according to a units product allocation base?!?!?!?' I think i lost many marks there.
Decision making was alright...lol chicken breast and wings on fire
and lastly the short answer part...I think I got around 8-10 marks out of 24. never studied theory.

Thank god there wasn't any question on variable and absorption costing...

gswinnie

HSC
shhy8029 said:
how did you guys go today?

multiple choice part was piss easy, almost 10 questions on variances and easy CVP crap

T-ledger was ok,
ABC...what the fark is 'overhead costs allocated according to a units product allocation base?!?!?!?' I think i lost many marks there.
Decision making was alright...lol chicken breast and wings on fire
and lastly the short answer part...I think I got around 8-10 marks out of 24. never studied theory.

Thank god there wasn't any question on variable and absorption costing...
To be honest, this exam is not really difficult..
but have too much tricky things..i think..haha!
Especially for the joint product one..
I still doubt that....we have to calculate all part of the product, then add up the chicken breast and wings only.
Or
The $150 only allocate to the chicken breast and wings only?

For the ABC, 'overhead costs allocated according to a units product allocation base?...
If I am not wrong, we have to calculate the predetermined overhead rate first..which is $1.1 then add this $1.1 + Direct material + Direct Labour, then you'll get the answer!

Feel upset because of uncertainty!

shhy8029

HSC
N/A
gswinnie said:
To be honest, this exam is not really difficult..
but have too much tricky things..i think..haha!
Especially for the joint product one..
I still doubt that....we have to calculate all part of the product, then add up the chicken breast and wings only.
Or
The $150 only allocate to the chicken breast and wings only?

For the ABC, 'overhead costs allocated according to a units product allocation base?...
If I am not wrong, we have to calculate the predetermined overhead rate first..which is $1.1 then add this $1.1 + Direct material + Direct Labour, then you'll get the answer!

Feel upset because of uncertainty!

WOOT! I got it right!(maybe?) i got a predetermined overhead rate of $1.1 haha...I just added them along with DM and DL for the unit cost, and x150% to get the sales price.

And for the joint cost allocation part, I'm pretty sure the question stated to get the costs of 'special shipments' only. So i only used two products, breast and wings, 20kg and 10kg respectively to allocate the joint cost. You'll get $110+$40 and $100+$50 under two methods..I don't know, I could be wrong from scratch..and the third part where it asks you to recommend, I didn't recommend any methods since everything comes from one product(chicken in this case) so the amount of joint cost will end up the same amount regardless of methods you use. hopefully i get full marks in this part..I did just so bad in other parts...

Last edited:

gswinnie

HSC
shhy8029 said:
WOOT! I got it right!(maybe?) i got a predetermined overhead rate of $1.1 haha...I just added them along with DM and DL for the unit cost, and x150% to get the sales price.

And for the joint cost allocation part, I'm pretty sure the question stated to get the costs of 'special shipments' only. So i only used two products, breast and wings, 20kg and 10kg respectively to allocate the joint cost. You'll get $110+$40 and $100+$50 under two methods..I don't know, I could be wrong from scratch..and the third part where it asks you to recommend, I didn't recommend any methods since everything comes from one product(chicken in this case) so the amount of joint cost will end up the same amount regardless of methods you use. hopefully i get full marks in this part..I did just so bad in other parts...
Haha..thanks for giving me so much comfort here..haha!
I calculate that 2 parts only as well...I can sure they ask the shipment destroy in the beginning of the question,,,But my friend told me the total joint cost is $150..so make me worry lots of day...because I've lost lots of mark in other part as well!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)