Accomodation at Newcastle (1 Viewer)

kfnmpah

HSC
Hi, I know I already posted this on the UUNF site, but I kinda really need to know soon (accomodation applications open in a week)
I'm really interested in living on campus next year for uni, and i was wondering which accommodation would be best?
I would live self catered (edwards, evatt), but I want to know which house is more social?
I'm really interested in doing well in my studies as well as having fun but i don't know what house would be more appropriate.
Edwards is advertised on the website as being more social, but i've heard that Evatt is incredible social as well. :?
i would love an opinion from someone who actually goes there :)
Thanks heaps
I lived at Edwards Hall (Teds) for 2 years it was LOADS of fun but I would recommend going for IH (international House) because word on the street is it is really moving up and is the place to be. All the houses are social and have cool parties and stuff. I'd go for evatt or IH for sure, but definitely don't be sad about TEDS. BUT if you do apply for teds, 100% go for catered and then you can just get a doctors certificate saying you can't eat the food (allergies, whatever just get the doc to make something up) and you pay self-catered rates but get to live in catered. Self catered is sort of isolated and it's not 100% part of teds, if you want the true college experience, go for catered then Evatt, then IH but not self, i would say.

For shared accomodation at Barhineban, can you nominate someone to stay with? Or is it random only?

Sexy
you choose your roommate unless you apply by yourself

but i would not live at barra it's lots of 3rd and 4th years so it's not as fun as the other colleges
it's also isolated from theo ther colleges, doesn't have as many parties and is really expensive and super strict about cleaning regulations because the cleaner comes in to your room (1 room has 2 beds, kitchen and the bathroom is obviously in a separate room) and EVERYHTING has to be put away all surfaces clear etc i would not tell first years to live at barra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)