Actuarial Studies (1 Viewer)

Huy An

HSC
Is there anyone here currently doing actuarial studies? Can you let me know which uni is better for actuary : UNSW or Mavc UNi? Thank you

quickoats

HSC
I got to MQ and my mates go to UNSW - with the new actuarial learning structure (foundation phase etc instead of part 1, 2 and 3), the courses are slightly different. Accounting and additional commerce units are no longer part of the Macquarie degree, whereas UNSW mandate accounting units, one from marketing and management iirc (I think this a remnant of the BCom structure that UNSW used to use). Other than that, most of the subjects tend to cater to the AIA requirements so they’re probably quite similar. It has been mentioned somewhere on BoS that the non actuarial units are probably easier at MQ - I’m not too sure if that’s actually the case.

Regardless of this, both allow you to get all exemptions from the AIA if you intend on becoming an actuary, so the differences are negligible. It’s probably the best choice to pick the uni you prefer - this is more dependent on where you live, what sort of campus life you’re looking for etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)