Advanced english band 6 tips (1 Viewer)

Momentazeus

HSC
Does anyone have tips on getting a band 6 in advanced English? I am freaking out. What would you include in analysis? I have heard that you explain the effect of the technique and how this addresses your argument for the question. However, I have also heard that you need to explain the effect of the technique with regard to how it helps to explore the theme. Also, how would you try and choose the strongest pieces of evidence to suit an argument? I find that especially for Shakespeare, that the writing style makes it harder for me to identify the strongest pieces of evidence.

qwertywerido

HSC
If it helps, my understanding of the entire EXPLAIN TECHNIQUE thing is your theme helps to build up your argument.
e.g Julius Ceasar simultaneously reveals the strength and the downfalls of the human condition, how power can corrupt and bring out the best in people, it is this contradiction that allows the text to be re-interpreted and understood as consistently throughout the ages.
In this case, my theme is 'power' and 'corruption', but my argument is the fact that there is a contradiction to these themes that make Shakespeare 'good'.
So if I were to structure an argument I would go about trying to prove the fact that Shakespeare does in fact explore mythemes and then go hence it is a good piece of writing.

Hope that makes sense

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)