advanced science units (1 Viewer)

ange182003

Could someone please tell me how to go about enrolling to do advanced biol: ecosystems to genes and human biology.
I emailed the biology department about doing them, but i have got no reply and dont know what do do next.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
you might what you email the faculty of science because the faculty would handle all matters regarding enrolment into units.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
unless your doing an advanced degree, i think you need faculty permission to study adv units.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
yes, i haf enrolled in from ecosys to genes (adv) @ usyd... u need to see the faculty representive (or soemthing) durin enrolment day... if u haf reach the prerequisite, den they will sign a paper for u... den u can be enrolled in the course...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by xiao1985
yes, i haf enrolled in from ecosys to genes (adv) @ usyd... u need to see the faculty representive (or soemthing) durin enrolment day... if u haf reach the prerequisite, den they will sign a paper for u... den u can be enrolled in the course...
so what sort of things do these ppl. ask u?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
so what sort of things do these ppl. ask u?
the mark of ur hsc for the particular advance subject u r concerned with (eg, if u want to do adv bio, from eco to genes, den they will ask ur bio hsc mark) and ur uai...

i fink for
adv chem: band 5-6 chem
adv bio: band 6 bio
adv phys: band 6 phys...

also wif min uai of something lyk 95?? i forogt abt the uai part...

edit: but lyk, they dun really ask u to bak up ur statement?? i hafn't tried wut happen if u bullshit...

Last edited:

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
LoL, ru for real? ;)
no, i got band 6 for both chem and bio... but i dun noe wut happen if u do bullshit... woudl they find out??

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
no, i got band 6 for both chem and bio... but i dun noe wut happen if u do bullshit... woudl they find out??
yeah, i know u fully qualify- but u know, i wanna get into advanced fysics, and in the hand book it says that u need above 96 or band 6 if fysics....but unfortunately my uai wasn't above 96 (i got 95.85), and my fysics marks wasn't in the band 6 either. :eek:

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
yeah, i know u fully qualify- but u know, i wanna get into advanced fysics, and in the hand book it says that u need above 96 or band 6 if fysics....but unfortunately my uai wasn't above 96 (i got 95.85), and my fysics marks wasn't in the band 6 either. :eek:
omg, mega bummer... i fink u can do adv phys nxt yr (even semester) if u do phys well enuf...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
omg, mega bummer... i fink u can do adv phys nxt yr (even semester) if u do phys well enuf...
wellll, i was in the disadvantage scheme (EAS)- so maybe i might use that to ask them to lemme in- coz, i'm so close to gettin' in.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
wellll, i was in the disadvantage scheme (EAS)- so maybe i might use that to ask them to lemme in- coz, i'm so close to gettin' in.
lolz, goto teh facaulty dean on o wk, n beg / bribe him... lolz jkin lar... i dunno if eas helps... trie it tho...

gluck wif it!! ^^

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
lolz, goto teh facaulty dean on o wk, n beg / bribe him... lolz jkin lar... i dunno if eas helps... trie it tho...

gluck wif it!! ^^
well, i hope they do lemme- i mean, i only need to beg for physics advanced- and also i only missed out by .15. :mad1:

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
You really just need to ask. The 'requirements' only acts as a guide because they don't want people doing advanced and then getting creamed by the workload.
If you really want to do it, they prob. wouldn't say no.
You can always drop down from advanced DURING semester, the lectures go faster.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by BlackJack
You really just need to ask. The 'requirements' only acts as a guide because they don't want people doing advanced and then getting creamed by the workload.
If you really want to do it, they prob. wouldn't say no.
You can always drop down from advanced DURING semester, the lectures go faster.
yeah, i think i could have got a better uai and stuff, and yeah,i'm willing to have a go at the advanced physics- but hopefully they let me in...i wanna do advanced physics so i can get a B science (advanced). :)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
yeah, i think i could have got a better uai and stuff, and yeah,i'm willing to have a go at the advanced physics- but hopefully they let me in...i wanna do advanced physics so i can get a B science (advanced). :)
dun u haf to do haf of ur cp in adv stream to be qualified for b sci (adv) ??

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
yeah, i'm gonna b doing advanced maths as well. :)
coolz!!! same here!!! ^^ but still. wanna do tsp of math... lookin soooooo very coolz!!! the courses i mean...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)