Advice for Yr 11 Subjects - 95+ atar (1 Viewer)

curious_cutie_pie

HSC
Hi. I'm about to commence Yr 11 and I was wondering (since I'm new to this forum) if u guys could give me advice for yr 11 and advice for how to study efficiently for these subjects? Im aiming for 95+ atar and looking to study psychiatry at the university of Melbourne.

Chemistry
Biology
Modern History
PDHPE
3Umaths
2u English

Any help would be appreciated

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Hi. I'm about to commence Yr 11 and I was wondering (since I'm new to this forum) if u guys could give me advice for yr 11 and advice for how to study efficiently for these subjects? Im aiming for 95+ atar and looking to study psychiatry at the university of Melbourne.

Chemistry
Biology
Modern History
PDHPE
3Umaths
2u English

Make sure you go into maths with your fundamentals brushed up, and you should be fine. If you know what topic you're doing first, e.g combinatorics, highly suggest you study in advance for it.

You don't need to study extremely in depth but having a brief understanding will help heaps when you are learning it in the classroom, you'll know the right questions to ask and you can prioritise other work.

Epicman69

HSC

Chemistry
Biology
Modern History
PDHPE
3Umaths
2u English

Do you mean Psychology? Because if it is Psychiatry that you want to do, you'd need a med degree which I would say you'd want to start aiming for a 99+ atar. But other than that, I think year 11 is not the year to start stressing about marks yet, you DO NOT want to burn out. Now that being said, obviously, you want to have consistent study throughout, and if you can definitely study ahead like ExtremelyBoredUser have said. Also, the one most important subject will be ENGLISH because it will count towards your atar no matter how bad you get for it, so I would say really get your essay and analysis skills up ready to go into year 12. Now for when exams come around, I would say to prioritise the subjects you aren't amazing at, so let's say for example I am EXTREMELY DOG AT ENGLISH, I would probably spend the majority of my time studying up for English, whereas for maths/sciences I generally just do some past papers and remember some key facts.

may22

HSC
I do 4 of the same subjects:

For chemistry:
Pay attention in your classes because there will be some content that will pop up again in year 12, so you want to make sure you understand it well and can apply it appropriately. Try to stay on top of your notes and go through lots of practice questions.

Biology:
Similar to chemistry. With regards to both sciences, make sure you cut the fluff with responses and get straight to the point.

PDHPE:
I found PDH to be the easiest of my subjects, but it was also one I enjoyed thoroughly. Stay on top of your notes and gather heaps of examples to use in your responses. Don’t just assume PDH is easy though, you have to make sure you understand the content as well because you can get a curveball question

English:
Refine your cohesion and always make sure you address the essay question instead of rambling on. Practise being able to pick up techniques as fast as you can in unseen texts. Be sure to practise creatives as well

For all your subjects, try your best to not leave assessments to the last minute. It was a bit of a struggle the beginning of year 11 trying to balance study and assessments, as well as extracurriculars...but eventually you’ll figure it out and prioritise. Best of luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)