advice needed on reptition! (1 Viewer)

sinsolja

HSC
I well i am in year 11 ( now in year 12) i finished bio this year.
For biology i got 89 and im wondering guys

Should i repeat it next year for a possible higher mark? or is it not worth the effort?

im aiming for an 94+ ATAR

Thanks heaps.

speedofsound

HSC
Don't know if that's worth the effort. 89 is pretty good. Up to you, though.

Bored Of Fail

Banned
HSC
N/A
I well i am in year 11 ( now in year 12) i finished bio this year.
For biology i got 89 and im wondering guys

Should i repeat it next year for a possible higher mark? or is it not worth the effort?

im aiming for an 94+ ATAR

Thanks heaps.
what extra effort is there repeating??

you would have all the assignments and notes from before, you could spend the whole year reviewing

sinsolja

HSC
what extra effort is there repeating??

you would have all the assignments and notes from before, you could spend the whole year reviewing
well its mostly thr fact that i have to sit the HSC again , and go through and revise all the bio rubbish again.
but i could be spending that time on other subjects? but i dont know if its enough to get my my aim.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
I wouldn't bother, just take 10 units next year and pro them up as well. 89 is still a good mark and it can be a fallback if you fuck up in something else.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Only if you work even harder than last year, is it worth it. I repeated MX1 and went worse, because I simply lost interest and gave up.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
As OP is aiming for at least 94 (as noted in the original post), I'd say an 89 would be fine. At least, that's my reasoning.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
As OP is aiming for at least 94 (as noted in the original post), I'd say an 89 would be fine. At least, that's my reasoning.
Ahh, sorry I missed that bit =). Yep, if that's what you're aiming for, then an 89 is fine =).

PS. Consider doing eight units next year!

blackratpoo

HSC
i disagree. you should definitely do it again. if you are capable of getting a 89, you could definitely get a high 90 with another years work. realistically 89 is like 80ish raw. go well in your assessments, get rank 1 and nail the exam and it will be the best thing gods done for you. for the accelerated kids at our school they dont let us keep our marks if they are not over 95 (haha, well we can but they highly dont reccomend it and noone does).

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Are you sure that you would put in the effort to do better next year and that it wouldn't cost you marks in other subjects? If you go worse and get a lower mark the lower mark counts not the 89.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
^this

do.not.repeat.

waste.of.time

mecramarathon

HSC
ONLY if your confident you'll do better this 2011 HSC year

remember they only consider the latest marks not the better of the two

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)