After hours assignment box (1 Viewer)

hannahxxx

HSC
K well I've got to hand in an assignment late but the thing is today is a public holiday. A very sarcastic office woman has informed me that I can submit it by the "after hours assignment box". However I'm not sure how things work on public holidays. I want to hand it in later tonight (lol) but I'm not sure if they will be checking it at 5pm today, or whether I can hand it in anytime before 8am tomorrow morning and still have it marked as being handed in today( the 6th of April). SOunds complicated xD
Does anyone know when the after hours boxes are checked or indeed if anyone checks them on public/holidays weekends. They must because otherwise people could just lie about what date they submitted it.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Our media lecturer informed us: there won't be anyone there at all today....

(also have something due today)

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
hannahxxx said:
K well I've got to hand in an assignment late but the thing is today is a public holiday. A very sarcastic office woman has informed me that I can submit it by the "after hours assignment box". However I'm not sure how things work on public holidays. I want to hand it in later tonight (lol) but I'm not sure if they will be checking it at 5pm today, or whether I can hand it in anytime before 8am tomorrow morning and still have it marked as being handed in today( the 6th of April). SOunds complicated xD
Does anyone know when the after hours boxes are checked or indeed if anyone checks them on public/holidays weekends. They must because otherwise people could just lie about what date they submitted it.
I think that they only look at it on Tuesday now, and that they view it as being handed in on that day.

hannahxxx

HSC
fuck. So (because they take off a certain percentage per day) do you think I could appeal against them taking off more marks than if it were handed in today? Problem is, I can't really prove that I'll have handed it in today b/c they've said the assignment is not to be submitted via turnatin. My tutor hasn't got back to me (emailed hern early yesterday morning)

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
hannahxxx said:
fuck. So (because they take off a certain percentage per day) do you think I could appeal against them taking off more marks than if it were handed in today? Problem is, I can't really prove that I'll have handed it in today b/c they've said the assignment is not to be submitted via turnatin. My tutor hasn't got back to me (emailed hern early yesterday morning)
If you have finished your assignment, how about emailing it to your tutor/lecturer?

While It is unlikely that they will make special considerations, if you email it to them today, then you have proof that it was completed at the time they recieved it in their email and they might do something. Then hand in the hard copy ASAP (i..e in the after hours box now!). I don't like your chances, but you always have that option.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Cyan_phoeniX said:
I think that they only look at it on Tuesday now, and that they view it as being handed in on that day.
Yeah I don't know, I think our lecturer said that no one will be there over the weekend, and some subjects, like ours, had the due date on friday, so they can't possibly take off marks because of it being handed in on a friday when it was a public holiday.

ALLLICE

HSC
i got my dodgy extensions on my assignments and i don't have to hand the stuff in til tuesday cos friday and monday are public holidays.....otherwise it would have been today...

on that note i think we can assume that they don't check the assignment boxes until Tuesday

just keep hassling your tutors in email about it ....appeal to the dean of division...concoct some lie to get an extension...or....alternatively...maybe you could post it in?? external students do this and get the date stamped in some official way at the post office to prove what day they did their work..

lol i dunno....me and my crazy ideas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)