Age of consent? quick q (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Age Of Consent:
There are no laws in Australia which restrict lesbian behaviour, apart from laws applying to heterosexual sex with women under the age of consent.
There have been a number of recommendations regarding the need to reduce the age of consent to a national consistent age.

is that rite or has there now been a consistent age?
thnx guys

malkin86

HSC
I was under the impression that because Queen Victoria refused to acknowledge such behaviour, that the age of consent for lesbians was effectively 16.

Also, up until some time last year or early this year, the male homosexual age of consent in NSW was 18. Now it is 16. Age of Consent is a state issue, though.

Jonathan A

HSC
malkin86 said:
I was under the impression that because Queen Victoria refused to acknowledge such behaviour, that the age of consent for lesbians was effectively 16.

Also, up until some time last year or early this year, the male homosexual age of consent in NSW was 18. Now it is 16. Age of Consent is a state issue, though.

I am pretty sure that the law was unclear in relation to contact between two females.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
no it mentions i think that lesbian behavour,age of consent is at 17, whereas for males, it is still 18

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
holy shit, now i remember. our teacher said something about it being changed, my bad. i just checked my notes.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
malkin86 said:
Yea don't each states have different laws regarding consent...i think its 16 4 everyone in NSW

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Last edited:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
wrong_turn said:
here it is:
males consent; hetrosexual-16
homosexual-18
female consent; hetrosexual-16
lesbians- 17

if a person is found guilty to have not consented, or has ahd sex with soemone below the consented age this would then result in criminal action

int eh case of the latter, this would result in aggravated sexual assault.
Is that NSW???

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yeah but it's not as clear cut as "you had sex with someone under 16, you're a rapist, burn burn" right? i'm pretty sure i remember hearing that they're more likely to use their discretion and take individual factors into consideration.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
glycerine said:
yeah but it's not as clear cut as "you had sex with someone under 16, you're a rapist, burn burn" right? i'm pretty sure i remember hearing that they're more likely to use their discretion and take individual factors into consideration.
I think it gets complicated when the victim lies abt their age??? I know that in the eyes of the law a person of 16 cannot 'consent' at all

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
uhh you mean under 16 right?

but yeah apparently they've been cases where they've told the other person 'yeah, i'm 17' or something and what are you meant to do?? ask to see some i.d.? :D

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
haha i'm using this as an excuse - "yeah, i'm studying for legal" ;) even though it's my last exam and it's not for like 2 weeks!! haha

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i have english but not til tuesday after next :s we get the easter weekend to study! thank god for small miracles

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i have the most spread-out timetable cause ancient is a hand-in due on like the last day of term
i have english tuesday, modern wednesday and then legal the next tuesday after that. hurray for sleepins <3

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
it is considered as rape, otherwise known as aggravated sexual assault if you ahve sex with soeone below the consent age.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)