aggregates (1 Viewer)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Hmmm... I understood the assessment moderation process... because that was important... but I didn't bother to learn the rest of it at that stage.

asymptote03

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lazarus
The sum of the scaled marks from your best two units of english and your best eight other units.

A scaled mark of 91, yes. Not an aligned or raw mark.

is it true.....SCALED MARK = 91 -->UAI 99.....

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
A scaled mark of 91 is VERY good. However you will never know you got it because BOS never release those marks.

asymptote03

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ragerunner
A scaled mark of 91 is VERY good. However you will never know you got it because BOS never release those marks.
well....isnt scaled mark...the one u get on ur HSC?

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Maybe I missed this explaination somewhere, but how do they calculate your scaled marks?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Hmmm... do you want the complex mathematical TCOS explanation, or the simple verbatim UAC explanation?

:)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I have two items for you.

First, an excerpt from the 2002 Scaling Report -

The model underpinning the scaling algorithm specifies that the scaled mean in a course is
equal to the average academic achievement of the course candidature, where for individual
students, academic achievement is defined as the average scaled mark in all courses
completed. This leads to a set of simultaneous equations from which the scaled means of 2
unit courses were obtained.

The scaled standard deviation for a course was set equal to the standard deviation of the
academic achievement of the course candidature.
Second, an example document in simple-to-understand language - <a href=/other/Scaling_UAI.pdf target=_blank>here.</a>

Note that, whilst some parts of the document are no longer relevant (e.g., the scaling process is now performed by the Technical Committee on Scaling, not the University of Sydney) it can still assist you in understanding, at least conceptually, how it is done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)