Alan Jones incited violence? (1 Viewer)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21538330-1702,00.html

THE broadcasting regulator may think radio personality Alan Jones is likely to have incited violence and vilified people of Middle Eastern descent, but to Prime Minister John Howard he is an "outstanding broadcaster" who "articulates what a lot of people think".

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21537845-1702,00.html

SYDNEY radio personality Alan Jones has blasted the radio regulator over a ruling that comments made on his program incited violence and vilified people of Middle Eastern descent

tempco

HSC
Statements read out by Alan Jones (from a listener's letter) on the 7th of December 2005:

"My suggestion is to invite one of the biker gangs to be present in numbers at Cronulla railway station when these Lebanese thugs arrive, it would be worth the price of admission to watch these cowards scurry back onto the train for the return trip to their lairs.

"Australians old and new shouldn't have to put up with this scum."

Taken from http://www.smh.com.au/news/tv--radi...ot-scum-remarks/2007/04/10/1175971070038.html.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
uhoh, here come the bos muslims!

and tempco, i really don't see how that quote incites violence. i notice you didn't quote this piece of the article
Jones today played another excerpt from around the same time telling a listener not to promote the riot, which eventually ensued on December 11.

"On countless occasions ... I had as I have regularly on this program opposed violence and brutality and urged people to allow the law to take its course," he said today.

tempco

HSC
I posted up the statements that were in question - nothing more, nothing less.

I did not pass judgement in my post, and left a link of the article so those who were interested could read the rest of the article.

Lol, you've got issues.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Jones isn't to blame, its the people whose actions provoked this kind of response and outrage, articulated by Jones.

And yes tempco these people were middle eastern, likely muslims and certainly dickheads.

petraawad

HSC
bshoc said:
Jones isn't to blame, its the people whose actions provoked this kind of response and outrage, articulated by Jones.

And yes tempco these people were middle eastern, likely muslims and certainly dickheads.
im lebanese and i think jones shouldnt be punished for speaking his mind. im the first person to admit that there are alot of middle eastern scum out there as with every culture and jones has a right to voice his opinions, isnt that the whole point of talk back radio. i dont however agree with howards sticky beaking.

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
Jones read the correspondence of certain people after which he reitterated the point that it is the responsibility of law enforcement agencies, not vigilante groups to respond to the lifeguard attack. In fact, he stated this point over 15 times in one broadcast. That seems to have been ignored by the media and the ACMA.

It seems odd that the same media personalities who have jumped on this bandwagon, were only reporting the other week, that Jones merely has a 'perceived influence' over a large group of geriatrics. Make your mind up.

Last edited:

brows

HSC
petraawad said:
im lebanese and i think jones shouldnt be punished for speaking his mind. im the first person to admit that there are alot of middle eastern scum out there as with every culture and jones has a right to voice his opinions, isnt that the whole point of talk back radio. i dont however agree with howards sticky beaking.
I love people like you. Thankyou for having an open mind. My mate is lebanese and hes a legend but like any race there are scum out there.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
petraawad said:
You're also from what I gather a Maronite Christian, most of the "scum" Lebanese come from the other "half" of the Lebanese community, if you catch my drift.

As for punishing Jones, whether or not that happens is entirely up to society, and society has had enough of these pointlessly agressive muslim/leb etc. youths, and thus are likely to side with Jones rather than against him.

tempco

HSC
breaking said:
:rolleyes:

so you reckon your post was in no way biased?
I didn't say my post wasn't biased.

You stated:

breaking said:
and tempco, i really don't see how that quote incites violence.
implying that I thought those quotes incited violence. How'd you figure that?

(I'll ignore your first statement as it reeks of bigotry)

T

trolloutaface

he kinda does go over the limits, but most of what he says is true :D

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Ok, so he wasn't inciting violence. But reading out a letter that DOES is a really bad idea.

lengy

HSC
"My suggestion is to invite one of these fully sik cunt car gangs to be present in numbers at Cronulla railway station when these Anglo bogan drongos arrive, it would be worth the price of admission to watch these coward convicts scurry back into to their insular lairs."

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
i think that john howard being a prime minister, should take into consideration the reaction and feelings of both sides....but oh well

HotShot

-_-
HSC
JOnes has always been and will always be a racist.

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Faery

HSC
N/A
You realise he once ran in a 'wog' seat? (Earlwood 78)

Result:

Earlwood Roll 33545
(15 Jul 1978: Resignation of Eric Willis)
Candidate Party Votes % Swing
First Count
Jones LIB 12118 42.0 -12.5
Blazey GL 105 0.4 0.4
Mallett CON 33 0.1 +0.1
Warr DEM 1053 3.7 +3.7
Bellchambers IND 27 0.1 +0.1
Fleming IND 269 0.9 +0.9
Gabb ALP 15168 52.6 +7.1
Bingle IND 52 0.2 +0.2
Formal 28825 97.4
Informal 775 2.6 +1.1
Total Vote 29600 88.2
Labor Party GAIN from Liberal Party

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)