Aliging of Section 4 (1 Viewer)

swagmeister

HSC
Question 27 - Discuss how operations strategies contribute to business success (wording might be slightly different but that's the essence of it)

Question 28 - Discuss the importance of financial strategies in improving business performance

Aligning. Discuss.

TheStu1

HSC
operations was "to get a competitive edge over competition"

FlameLash

HSC
Question 27 - Evaluate the importance of operations strategies in achieving a competitive advantage.
Question 28 - Evaluate the importance of financial strategies in improving business performance.

band6man

HSC
I did both because I had lots of extra time at the end and I already wrote like 7 pages for Q27, they'll just take the best mark of the two right?

aanthnnyyy

HSC
I did both because I had lots of extra time at the end and I already wrote like 7 pages for Q27, they'll just take the best mark of the two right?
It clearly says choose one...

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Easiest essay choices ever. For both of them. Not surprised if there will be plenty of high marks for anyone who actually answered the question.

Business report was iffy. I was tempted to write "Just abandon it, oh god"

tonysoprano

HSC
OK, does anyone have any actual thoughts on aligning?
I think the finance question would be slightly harder, however my assumption is that the operations question will align slightly better, because many students that aren't all that intelligent will pick that question over finance. That would mean the average would be lower, hence aligning more favourably, right?

swagmeister

HSC
I think the finance question would be slightly harder, however my assumption is that the operations question will align slightly better, because many students that aren't all that intelligent will pick that question over finance. That would mean the average would be lower, hence aligning more favourably, right?
Interesting - I think they look more at the difficulty of the question though than student responses?

There is no way they can just do it based on averages

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Interesting - I think they look more at the difficulty of the question though than student responses?

There is no way they can just do it based on averages
I think both questions are easy to answer though, its just which one you favoured more and had better case studies for IMO. I know a large section of the Accelerated class favoured the Operations one, while the Year 12 2015s in my school did the Finance question

Flop21

HSC
Yeah they were both similar in difficulty I think. It comes down to what section you studied for more. And for me, because it was the first topic, I studied more for operations so the operations question was really easy for me.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Yeah they were both similar in difficulty I think. It comes down to what section you studied for more. And for me, because it was the first topic, I studied more for operations so the operations question was really easy for me.
Yeah, I knew some people who favoured Finance over HR, and HR is basically the biggest rote-learn and bullshit on ethics ever. And others like writing Marketing over Operations. Generally, anyways in my cohort.

I just chose the topic based on how well I remembered all the figures of my case studies + which essay I have learnt off by heart. And luckily, I wrote the exact essay for that question back in Year 10.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Both questions are quite generic/broad so I don't think there'll be much difference.

swagmeister

HSC
Both questions are quite generic/broad so I don't think there'll be much difference.
But I mean in terms of sophistication?

Like here I am talking about trading interest rate liability on swap contract derivates instead of implementing technology in the operations process...

Maybe it will at least make it is easier to hit top marks for finance? I don't know. I really enjoy it, so I chose it over operations. In saying that, I feel like it would be much easier to nail operations then it would be to nail finance.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
But I mean in terms of sophistication?

Like here I am talking about trading interest rate liability on swap contract derivates instead of implementing technology in the operations process...

Maybe it will at least make it is easier to hit top marks for finance? I don't know. I really enjoy it, so I chose it over operations. In saying that, I feel like it would be much easier to nail operations then it would be to nail finance.
Doubt it. Business is all about knowing your content and getting it down with relevant statistics that have facts and figures. I wouldn't say its about sophistication.

I can easily simplify the Finance question by just going over the Cash Flow Management, Working Capital Management & Profitability Management. The only problem for me was that my case studies were a little too general and couldn't support how the strategies assisted business performance etc. It all depends on the person.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who picked out Operations, tbh, the case studies are just so much easier to prove the point IMO. But I'm also sure there are a lot of incompetent Year 12s who can't answer the essay question either

Last edited:

Freyo

HSC
What strategies did everyone talk about in the operations question and how many pages did you use?

swagmeister

HSC
What strategies did everyone talk about in the operations question and how many pages did you use?
Someone in my school did 8 pages, yet all 7 strategies. Lol.

Brb just going to pick up his mere band 5

crowley926

HSC
I did one page less than the whole booklet and just focused on new product design, technology and quality management

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)