Aligning (1 Viewer)

rosepetal25

HSC
N/A
aaaman said:
it scales up, have a look on SAM retard
yes it is true...a mark of 94 in legal in 2003 was equivalent to being in the top 1% of the state and thus contributed nicely to uai points

Kutar Maggi

They call me nigga man
HSC
MCOLT said:
what do you guys reckon will be the cutoff for a band 6 since this years legal studies was harder than usual

i heard, from TIm DIXON, that legal studies isnt cut off, if ur final scaled mark is above 90 then u get a band 6. he said either 5 people could get it in a year or 500 peoples.

Kutar Maggi

They call me nigga man
HSC
Trippendicular said:
Um, they don't just compare raw marks between different subjects, they don't go "Oh look, 50 people got 95+ in maths but no one got 95+ in legal so therefore we have to make the assumption that legal was that much harder than maths and must therefore be scaled right up." They take into account how the candidature of each subject performed in all of their other exams compared to the rest of the state, not just adjust each exam's marks to match every other exam.

Legal studies is generally a poorly scaled subject, so unless we all did really well in every other of our exams and really badly in legal, the BOS is not going to adjusting the marks very much at all.

are u fuken fool? LEgal is a pretty good scaller loser

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Kutar Maggi said:
are u fuken fool? LEgal is a pretty good scaller loser
you are a fool. the ones that got scaled up last year were the ones well inside the band 6 range, i.e. 94+

this year will probably lower the aligning mark, due to the crime section, I'm picking 86+ will get you a band 6.

volition

arr.
HSC
Huratio is right, you probably don't need a raw percentage that is as 'good' in say, 2unit maths to get 90. So that's probably why not AS many people get >90 in legal (either that, or people who do legal are 'dumber' on average.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)