Alignment VS scaling (1 Viewer)

mememe

Ok, when you have a hard exam, alignment will usually save your mark so as far as the HSC goes, you come out on top.

However, UAC uses your RAW marks for the UAI, so what happens if your exam was particularly hard? Will the scaling be less severe? Is there anything to save you?

sepul

HSC
What you have to remember is that the UAI is a rank, and the marks are used ( raw marks ) to assign the relative difference between the students, but yeah if there is a particularly hard exam, students will have lower marks and the scaling for that course will be higher than if it was an easy exam.

I hope I have answered your question.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by smeyo
in the end it will all work out, just less worry
That's perhaps the best answer around to most of the questions being asked.

sepul

HSC
Well I don't know about that it will work out for the "best"- if so then everyone that finished highschool would be "successful"

But if you mean in terms of UAC screwing you over - don't worry they won't.

smeyo

maybe not for the best, but little things like this arent worth to much worry,

though i still worry about them myself cause i like to know how they do all this stuff, i am planning to do actuaries after all so its my nature...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
It's a good sign, you can spell Actuarial, because many people plannin' to do that course and even startin' out, can't spell it. (Yes, that was random)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)