All ATAR Cutoff questions look here first (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Can I get into course x with y ATAR?
Maybe, maybe not, ATAR cutoffs aren't out yet, and they could go up or down from last years' UAI cutoffs. There's nothing you can do but wait.

Will they take me even if I'm under the ATAR cut off?
Again, maybe, maybe not, there is no hard rule saying they will. Some courses/unis will, others won't. It all depends on the year and the number of places offered/accepted.

Can I still get into uni with x ATAR?
There are various ways of getting in at Macquarie, these are the two most popular:
  1. Non Award
  2. Internal Transfer

The first option enrols you into a number of units (subjects) rather than into a course, and after completion of those four units and a pass average you are offered a HECS place into one of these three degrees: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, or Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Education). If you achieve a GPA of more than 2.5 (In between a pass/credit average) you are able to apply for: Bachelor of Arts – Psychology or Bachelor of Science – Psychology.

The second option sees you entering another course (usually with a similar focus) and after completing the requirements for transfer, use your university results (GPA) rather than you UAI/ATAR to get into the desired course.

How good is x course at Macquarie compared to other unis?
Each course will have its pro and cons, do a search there's probably been a question asked about the course beforehand, resurrect that thread rather than ask using a new topic. You'll most likely find that people will refer to those previous posts anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)