all engineering courses haf the SAME cutoff of 85 at uts this year !! (1 Viewer)

Hanzo

HSC
haf you guys noticed??
the cut off for every single engineering course at uts this year is 85
hahaha
strange !!!!

placebo101

HSC
i got a offer with a uai of 78.95, how the hell does that work

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
mmm, its to do with the fact that heeps of people have just been doing the course cause 'they can get in'. when really, engineering is a massive bitch, and shouldnt be done unless you're actually interested in it.

i did it last yr ... after about 2/3 weeks of it, i knew i couldnt do it. so second semester i used up my elective in subjects outside the faculty ... lol which you guys wont be able to do now. (i got an angry email afterwoods, but there was nothing they could do)

placebo101

HSC
im probably wrong, but how can the cutoff be 85 if - there are vancancies... and if ppl with a lower cutoff are given offers. doesn't that make the cutoff irrelevant to just about everyone

frenzal_dude

UTS Student
HSC
N/A
dude say have, not haf, it will make u sound less retarded,

yeh its weird coz i got 68.55 for my uai, and i got into telecommunications where u need 85! if there were lots of vacancies then shouldnt the uai be very low? i thought the uai of a subject indicated whether it was popular or not, so if i was the last person to get accepted shouldnt the cutoff be 68.55?

gman03

HSC
They should have set the cutoff to 90 or higher ... making people who do engineering feels they are in high demand.

aaaman

Banned
HSC
no way i dont want that to happen it means more compeition, anyone thats thinking next yr to do engineering fuck off. i want more money

fergo1988

HSC
yea i got into a combinde degree engineering and science and my UAI was only 75.95. but hey, im not comlaining.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)