All-Rounders... (1 Viewer)

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Does anyone have any idea what the 801 NSW All-Rounders will actually get?

A friend last year got a "Premier's Award" Crystal-type trophy. And he told me the 2001 All-Rounders received a trophy and a money prize.

But with a large number of All-Rounders this year, is anyone sure of what they may receive?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i didn't know they got anything! good for them! i guess they will also get a trophy

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
i didn't know they got anything! good for them! i guess they will also get a trophy

i'm wondering if the fact it's 801 students may mean that they'll decide not to give trophy's this yr and just opt for a certificate... i hope they don't decide to be stingy this yr. :(

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Tenax Propositi
i'm wondering if the fact it's 801 students may mean that they'll decide not to give trophy's this yr and just opt for a certificate... i hope they don't decide to be stingy this yr. :(
yeah hopefully not. they still deserve a trophy. i can understand that they can't give out money to all of them though

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
yeah hopefully not. they still deserve a trophy. i can understand that they can't give out money to all of them though

yeah, though for some weird reason... as much as i value money in this material world that we live in, a trophy means more to me. then again, i'll deny i said that if we don't get one. :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Tenax Propositi
yeah, though for some weird reason... as much as i value money in this material world that we live in, a trophy means more to me. then again, i'll deny i said that if we don't get one. :p
well a trophy you get to keep, as a rememberance, money you don't.

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
well a trophy you get to keep, as a rememberance, money you don't.

very true.

and it's fun to pretend you just won an oscar or grammy as you look in to the crowd and thank the adoring fans and pose for the paparazzi.

did i just say that aloud? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

mermaid

i wamnt a trpohy too...please not dogdy certificates

god i dont mind even paying for it...can u imagine the bos sendong us a bill

money is also a bonus...but there is 800...ven if they goive out 10bucks...it'll costs them 8 grand

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Originally posted by mermaid
i wamnt a trpohy too...please not dogdy certificates

god i dont mind even paying for it...can u imagine the bos sendong us a bill

money is also a bonus...but there is 800...ven if they goive out 10bucks...it'll costs them 8 grand

hey mermaid, congrats on the all-rounder!

haha 10 bucks... i pretty much think money's definitely out. but oh well, unless it's like $50+ it won't mean much.

As for trophies, it's more symbolic.

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
btw merm, what school did u go to and what was ur UAI? (u can pm me if u'd prefer not to publicise it... though i'm guessing you will ;) )

mermaid

someone said like u get a grand....but thats gonna cost a million (well 800 thousand)

fatmuscle

HSC
Originally posted by mermaid
someone said like u get a grand....but thats gonna cost a million (well 800 thousand)
*cough* donation *cough*

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Originally posted by fatmuscle
*cough* donation *cough*

i didn't know u were making donations fatmuscle. how kind of u... maybe i'll just wire u up to my bank account instead and save u the hassle ;)

sugared plum

HSC
I heard this thing that all-rounders get money prizes???? Is that true? Or is it just some of the all rounders?

Is there an award ceremony? dude how boring to sit through all those people.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Cyph
you could buy something that you'll keep as rememberance with the money, something you actually may value/like as well and won't sit there collecting dust!
that's what i would do, but a trophy is still better, even though i would put it away in my cupboard and never look at it again

aluminium boy

Originally posted by sugared plum
I heard this thing that all-rounders get money prizes???? Is that true? Or is it just some of the all rounders?

Is there an award ceremony? dude how boring to sit through all those people.

I think allrounders are eligible for the Australian Student Prize, which is worth $2000 each. You are only allowed to get it once a year. I am not too sure on this, but that is what some pplz told me.

spice girl

magic mirror
not all all-rounders are eligible. only some are (and for our year even the ppl who got prizes had no idea why they got it and why their other all-rounder friends didn't)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)