Am I screwed? (1 Viewer)

Renegader

HSC
I haven't studied since trials, which was almost a month ago. Next week is muck up week so I'm probably getting minimal study until after graduation. I'm aiming for a 93-95 ATAR. How screwed am I? Do trial marks correlate with HSC marks, as in can you only get better since trials or can you also get worse?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I haven't studied since trials, which was almost a month ago. Next week is muck up week so I'm probably getting minimal study until after graduation. I'm aiming for a 93-95 ATAR. How screwed am I? Do trial marks correlate with HSC marks, as in can you only get better since trials or can you also get worse?
You can either get worse or better lol.

Possible due to various factors:
- You studied more for trials than for HSC or you studied more for HSC than for trials.
- Trials suited you (or internal assessments set by your school favoured you) compared to HSC or HSC externals suited you better. i.e. LUCK element
- You had a bad day during a certain trials but you had a good day for that subject's external HSC exam OR you had a bad day on the HSC day for a subject but a good day for that subject during trials.
- Certain parts of the syllabus suit you better - e.g. Your Business trials had nice extended response questions on your favourite topic (let's say Operations) but the HSC exam had nasty extended response questions on your most hated topic (let's say HR). Or in the trials, they had a nasty Business Report section but in the HSC, you loved the Business Report section.

Otherwise, it tends to be similar performance between trials and the HSC exam.

Try to do some study next week and just up your game after graduation.

Renegader

HSC
I'm in top 3 for all my subjects except English and Maths (top 5). I'm just scared I'm going to forget everything I learned because I've slacked off for a month :(

Thanks for the explanation though, troll. Have any of you done minimal work like me post-trials?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm in top 3 for all my subjects except English and Maths (top 5). I'm just scared I'm going to forget everything I learned because I've slacked off for a month :(

Thanks for the explanation though, troll. Have any of you done minimal work like me post-trials?
I've done some work but not enough I guess lol.

Stating to up my game though. Might do more than I originally planned during graduation week - don't want to waste a single week now.

Chill brah, you'll be fine. Just pick up your game after graduation and it's all fine.

Renegader

HSC
I've done some work but not enough I guess lol.

Stating to up my game though. Might do more than I originally planned during graduation week - don't want to waste a single week now.

Chill brah, you'll be fine. Just pick up your game after graduation and it's all fine.
Thanks for the help :) I can't imagine how you're coping with MX2, you're crazy! (or Asian)

Blackman 50 cent

HSC
Thanks for the help :) I can't imagine how you're coping with MX2, you're crazy! (or Asian)
"RivalryofTroll" is just one smart asian, bro he studies 24/7 at home- I heared from all his mates, he studies too much, this mother fucker might even state rank.

He is a fucken troll if you didn't realize, so don't believe what he tells you.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
MX2 is actually my worst subject :haha:

Despite being Asian, I'm actually much better ranked in my humanities (Economics + Business Studies) compared to Physics and better ranked in English compared to MX1/MX2.

pheelx3

l33t
HSC
Yo Jimmy
What's your ranks rn?

MX2 is actually my worst subject :haha:

Despite being Asian, I'm actually much better ranked in my humanities (Economics + Business Studies) compared to Physics and better ranked in English compared to MX1/MX2.

hsclover

HSC
N/A
Don't worry too much. I slacked off after Trials as well :p I just started really knuckling down after my last day at school. You pretty much have a month left, so just start now! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)