am I the only one? (1 Viewer)

Ribbon

am I the only one who did hospitality on this board? I could have laughed going out of the exam, It was alot easier than I thought it would be. I liked the last two questions (the extended response) because they were quite different to the past two HSC papers but still gave you the chance to show how much you knew.

**crossing fingers for a band 6 **

baa

i did hospo exam..wut topic did u choose for the last extended response question?.my skool did commercial cookery

randomchild

yeh i do hospo as well......it was ok, the last extended response was hard tho..like what the?
anyway, i think i might have done parts of that question right (hopefully)..

band 6.....only 13 ppl last year got band 6 outta everyone!!! thats like 6000 ppl do hospo i think? ..how bad is that!~

Cuties

How can you be so confident? I thought it was crap... Too airy fairy and the questio were not solid enough
In fact the last extended response for commercial cookery isn't even part of our syllabus it's part of the new one... So who knows what they have done?

up sh*t creek

I thought the exam was so good!!! I came out cheering!! Although i was a bit unsure about the risk question (21 i think) . But i was still able the write on it.

Freakin_Ot_Gal

HELP HOSP!!

Does anyone know what happens if you studies commercial cookery Q 22 but does it matter if i did question 24 instead? DOES THAT MEAN THEY WON"T MARK IT???

Cuties

The markers don't know what option you studied they mark everyting you wrote only if you did the wrong option you can't know as much as those that did... Understand?

Freakin_Ot_Gal

Originally posted by baa
i did hospo exam..wut topic did u choose for the last extended response question?.my skool did commercial cookery
Do you know what happens if your school studies comm cookery but i picked cross-functional operation

Freakin_Ot_Gal

Oh thank....but i think i got the cross func op better than that stuiped comm cookery question.
Hay did anyone get the internal and external thing? what did you write?

Ribbon

the commercial cookery question was in our syllabus... type of menu (and therefore table d'hote) is in the syllabus under organise and prepare food. The preperation half was just menu selection criterea (special dietary requirements, portion size, seasonal ingredients ect.) and haccp/ food safety. Presentation is the easy bit, plate temperature, hieght, colour, dimension, garnishes ect. ect.

You can still get marks for answering another question but it stands to reason that you could never get full marks without knowing the terminology and content in the syllabus

as for internal and external, I wasn't 100% but i read in an article that since sept 11 more tourists have been travelling *internally* - so I took internally to mean domesticly (I put gov't regulations) and externally as international (I put world events)

Last edited:

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
I thought the catholic trial was easier.then the hsc. Did any of u guys do the catholic trial?

leashy

Freakin_Ot_Gal, you should have picked commercial cookery... you probably won't go too well in cross-functional operations because the people that learnt it would have had to go into a great depth where as you wouldn't have because you didn't learn it like they did.

leashy

I thought the Hospitality was quite fair, the first two sections were fine, but the last 2 extended responses were kind of hard, i think i did them right.

Ice03

HSC
N/A
i thought i went really well overall.... didnt know what a table d hote was though, but what surprised me was that almost everyyone left early!

jackie_23

Yeah same. We only have 12 kids do hospitality at my school and more than half of them left early! I was just sitting there by myself.!
I don't understand the external/internal factors, haven't been taught it.
The commercial cookery uestion was weird!

up sh*t creek

I was given the catholic trial paper afterwards but our teacher bought an independant oone speacially coz she thought it was too easy.

jtr785

internal factors are those such as staff moral external factors are things like the state of the australian economy

jtr785

ok hold on i have forgot the qustion.... the relatonship with other industries is that right??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)