Am I the only person who thinks question D (crime) was also completely unfair (1 Viewer)

rink

HSC
all i hear is ppl complaining about question C in crime

i thought question D was also totally unfair and not in the syllabus
Just because with q D it wasn't as obvious that it had nothing to do with the syllabus doesnt mean that it was from the syllabus
the only bit that it could be even remotely related to is this part:

Effectiveness of the Law
• factors to be considered when evaluating the effectiveness of law in achieving justice:
– for individuals: equality, accessibility, enforceability, resource efficiency, protection and recognition of individual rights
– for society: resource efficiency, law as a reflection of community standards and expectations, opportunities for enforcement, appeals and review, balance of individual rights and values and community rights and values

it doesn't talk about the treatment of ppl by the CJS nor does it categorise people into adults and juveniles........but rather into individuals and society which is completely different
once again, those who did juvenile justice will be very much advantaged

SO GET UR COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS ONE ROLLING IN TOO......after all, this one is worth TWELVE marks

DarkPrince_87

HSC
lol i dont even know what i wrote but i did feel more confident in that sectino then part c....ive adlready rang up and complained about both questions so its up to other ppl now

roadcone

HSC
personally i did not have much of an issue with this question because it was fairly broad, therefore finding examples of things to put in was not as hard. unlike part (c) where it was that refined it was somewhat ridiculous.

rink

HSC
yeah i do agree that part c was alot harder, but that doesnt change the fact that this q still wasn't on the syllabus

i mean if they had asked those q's on something else that actually WAS in the syllabus (eg: purpose of punishment, defences to crime, circumstances of the offence/offender etc etc), i could have gotten full marks

aaaman

Banned
HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
Part C - no one could answer anything about it; Part D - you could sort of answer a bit of it, and hence people complain more about C than D.
well i actually liked D because the if you did the option topic family you learn about how does juvs do get legal aid and how are they dealt with the law :p well i guess i got lucky this yr

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Part D at least was broad, you could talk about whatever u thought was relevant but I admit, part c put me off a bit
I don't even know if what I did was right for part d
i talked about legal aid-free for children (as aaaman said-thanks 2 family we knew this :p)-well also crime u learn about it i guess
judicial discretion-daniella dawes-adult
Skaf-teenager or "juvenile" -meh
criminal process
access
stuff like that
think its wrong but
i didn't mention anything about penalties :(

Kirika

HSC
yeah i thought it they were both crap, thats frickin 19% of the exam... i need a 95 for my UAI and if i dont get at least in the 90's in every exam that just aint gonna happen, and it will now not, coz of stupid legal and its stupid non examinable questions! everyone come and say hello to me next year when i am workin in the pub in town rather than at uni :( DAMN THE HSC AND DAMN THE BOARD OF STUDIES!!!

Kirika

HSC
good work ngmares... now who lives in the ministers electorate? get ur parents to write emails... maybe then the min will actually do something!

nedzelic

HSC
Yeah to tell you the truth i just crapped on for parts c,d and e i think( although i can't actually recall what that one was).
It was all very broad i really didn't know what they were after - it could only have been very vaguely in the syllabus; there was certianly no dot point for it
for d i don't know whether i got 1/12 or 12/12; i really can't tell
Anyone feel the same way?

Zohab

To kool for skool
HSC
B,C and D

Personally i thought that question B,C and D were all not really in the syllibus. The crime section usually focuses on actuall crimes and not thoughts on the crime in society, how the hell were we supposed to throw in case study's in that question?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
I think I threww in some random case study's but can't really remember, I used the one were the bloke got shot in his home during an illigal police raid, cant remember the name of it now. The whole sectipon was totaly out of whack!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)