Ambition HAS ARRIVED! (1 Viewer)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Over 18s... hmmm I don't know if they'll be a large turn out in that case. But I'm definately going, (a few younger BOS members might not be able to make it, although they would have liked to come to Ambition). Understanding that it is 'just one of those things' you cannot do, logistically, I guess there is a lot of sense in having it O/18's only.

I remember we had a poll on the main page asking whether or not BOS members would be over 18 by December the 19th (or it could have been 18th). I believe it was almost an even 50/50 split between those over and under? Realistically speaking however, it would have been very difficult to manage both under and over 18s at a large venue, with a large number of patrons in the one area. How's the security, by the way? That would be interesting to hear

Anyhow, I digress. Here's to a good night out, full of fun and entertainment, including plenty of good laughs and great company :)

Last edited:
T

timbk2

It was near impossible to cater for all-ages aswell as those o/18s who want to drink. The risks, costs and venue issues involved in setting up an all-ages party were just too much.

Either way, it's gonna be a great night, im sure it's gona be a huge turnout.

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Im quite happy its an over 18's event, that way there will be no confusion with underage drinking. On the contrary it will be a shame that the younger BOS members cannot come (whip out your Fake ID's kids).

As Huy says, should be a memorable night with good laughs...

Cya there everyone!

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
It says the selected outlets for tickets are all in Sydney. How do I get tickets online, as I am not from Sydney, but some friends and I want to go.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by blue_chameleon
It says the selected outlets for tickets are all in Sydney. How do I get tickets online, as I am not from Sydney, but some friends and I want to go.
Tickets go on sale tomorrow, November 21.
Tickets from:
Purchase tickets online at www.boredofstudies.org

Ambition Tickets on sale FRIDAY 21/11
Get your tickets quick, only a limited number available
(from the site, main index page)

:)

blue_chameleon

HSC
Thanx Huy. AWh fun fun fun. Now I can meet all the guys on BOS forums.:)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Thanx Huy. AWh fun fun fun. Now I can meet all the guys on BOS forums.:)
Not a problem, and I'm sure the guys would like to meet you too ;)

sei

HSC
Originally posted by Huy
Over 18s... hmmm I don't know if they'll be a large turn out in that case.
I disagree - unless there's a huge amount of students who started school earlier than their peers or got skipped ahead (which there never is), nearly everyone who just did their HSC should be 18 by the time it's on (mid December).

It's only the younger grades who can't come, and they weren't the real target for this anyway ;)

blue_chameleon

HSC
Originally posted by sei
I disagree - unless there's a huge amount of students who started school earlier than their peers or got skipped ahead (which there never is), nearly everyone who just did their HSC should be 18 by the time it's on (mid December).

It's only the younger grades who can't come, and they weren't the real target for this anyway ;)
Thats not correct, sei. I have a friend who is not 18 until June next year, and he is finished his HSC this year.
Its not always the case that just because you are in Year 12, you are turning 18.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by sei

See the main page, current poll.
Past polls (read my post if you need to) have suggested that "almost half" (I don't know the specific figure, sorry) will be under 18 by Mid-December.

If I recall, the original poll had been:
"Will you be 18 by December 18?"

I know people who have skipped ahead, and will be ineligble to gain entrance (and/or purchase tickets for themselves). You have to remember, that to have sat for the 2003 HSC, you must have been:

* Born in 1985, after July 1st
and/or
* Born in 1986, before June 30th.

The figure could vary, with those who have skipped grades and those who have come from overseas (exchange students, etc I believe). So you can see, that the majority of BOS members will fall in the "July to December" birthday (almost a half year), while you will still have members who are 1986 babies - having birthdays fall between January (2004) and June (2004).

edit
What blue_chameleon said ;)

Last edited:

~Dreamer

HSC
blue_chamelion's right, i dont turn 18 till the end of may next year... oh well, will have to cross ambition out of 'to do' list.

sei

HSC
Thats not correct, sei. I have a friend who is not 18 until June next year, and he is finished his HSC this year.
Its not always the case that just because you are in Year 12, you are turning 18.
who cares - that's one case, hardly significant.. and obviously (as I already pointed out) your friend either started school earlier than normal or got skipped ahead, because normally students turn 18 in the year they complete their HSC.

And Huy, that poll was open to all students using this site (including yr 10, 11 etc). I never said the younger years would be OK to come, just that the party was targeting hsc students, and as such, they'll nearly get all the hsc students :cool:

Besides the poll obviously was asking the viability of having an over 18's only (otherwise the poll wouldn't help anyone), and the results must have been favourable to them to still let it go ahead with only over 18s :)

blue_chameleon

HSC
Originally posted by sei
who cares - that's one case, hardly significant.. and obviously (as I already pointed out) your friend either started school earlier than normal or got skipped ahead, because normally students turn 18 in the year they complete their HSC.
Yeah, thats one case, one case that I know of. I know that there are many others in his situation that are doing the HSC this year, and that fact, makes it significant enough.

What about the students that turn 18 around late December?

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by sei
There are more cases than just blue_chameleon's example (friend) sei. It is significant because there are a few 1986 babies who are currently 17, and will not be turning 18 until next year. But let's keep one thing on our mind at the moment: Ambition is an over 18s party - there is nothing more to say about this, and nothing else to it. But the fact that we are discussing under 18s is as equally important (but too late, I admit, there have been discussions in the past about under and over 18s, alcoholism and the like).
And Huy, that poll was open to all students using this site (including yr 10, 11 etc). I never said the younger years would be OK to come, just that the party was targeting hsc students, and as such, they'll nearly get all the hsc students
True, the poll was open to all students, but I don't think that the Year 10s and 11s would be interested in coming to Ambition, (a few Year 11s who participate on the forums, maybe), but you are right in saying that anyone could have been able to vote on the (public) poll. Since BOS are targetting HSC students (those who have finished, class of 2003), then it would be only fitting to ask about their ages and talk about who will, and who will not, be turning 18 on the night of/before Ambition itself. I think it's fair to say that those coming to Ambition, would be at least 18, however I do know that there are, and will always be, some younger (under 18, not necessarily Year 10 or 11, but they are in Year 12, under 18) individuals who would like to come, but unfortunately cannot.

Anyway, I can see what you're saying, and I suppose the purpose of the poll had been to assess it's viability (as you've put it), and of course, in doing so, understand how many will, and how many will not be coming to BOS Ambition (see current poll). The decision has been made, and it is final, so I'll leave it at that.

edit
What chameleon said :p

sei

HSC
Yeah, thats one case, one case that I know of. I know that there are many others in his situation that are doing the HSC this year, and that fact, makes it significant enough.

What about the students that turn 18 around late December?
Yeh I know a few too, but I can still count them on one hand compared to the whole rest of the grade which are over 18.

there's about 12 days out of the 365 day year after December 18.. again, it'd be a minority of students that were born in those few days :)

i do feel sorry for those who are still under 18 after they finish their hsc who can't go out to all places.. but at least they'll get a longer youth :p

blue_chameleon

HSC
So anyway, where were we all.

Ahhh...discussing how fun Ambitions is going to be!

WOO HOO!:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)