Analysing problem... (1 Viewer)

~Theta~

HSC
Hi everyone.

One of the things that we will be marked on in the speech we need to do is 'how well you analyse features of language in relation to purpose, audience and context'.

I'm not sure in how I should approach this, so if anyone could help, that'd be great.

And here's the task if it helps in fixing my problem: You have been invited to talk about how you think your prescribed text incorporates the concept of belonging.

Thanks in advance.

georgia*290

HSC
this will probably be a bit late to be posted but i will anyway.

you talk about the context in which the texts were written. talk about what techniques and ideas from the text that was influenced by the context. for example: i had to do mine on frankenstein and i talked about how dr. frankenstein made the monster by using electricity and in the time when the novel was written there was a discovery in galvanic electricity.

i hope that helped and wasn't too confusing for you..

Dan2008

HSC
Hey Theta, definately pull out as many language techniques as you can!! Similies, personification, imagery, throw all of them at your marker!

You'll have to make sure that you analyse them though, and that basically means explaining how these techniques support your thesis or argument :)

"... while alliteration emphasises that Belonging ... "

Hope that helps!

georgia*290

HSC
Hey Theta, definately pull out as many language techniques as you can!! Similies, personification, imagery, throw all of them at your marker!

You'll have to make sure that you analyse them though, and that basically means explaining how these techniques support your thesis or argument :)

"... while alliteration emphasises that Belonging ... "

Hope that helps!

good point!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)