analysis (1 Viewer)

uh_huh2

HSC
ok, i have the texts i want to analyse but im stuck cuz i dunno how to analyse them. I have the ideas and everything but i cant put it together ..... what can i do???? i also dun have a clear thesis ... am i dead?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
haha, fuck no. i had no idea what i was actually saying til prolly late term 2 or early term 3.

just start writing from whatever point. i wrote two sections on different areas first where i put my ideas forth (footnotes are good if you have ideas you want to insert but don't know where to put them at that point). i wrote an introduction when i had some idea of what i was trying to communicate with my mw, but that happened quite a while after i actually started writing. my first "draft" was abt 2500 words which did not link together, had no cohesive idea behind them and was at times very simplistic.

this is such a cliche, but just start writing. seriously. you don't have to sit down and write the whole thing at once; just get the thoughts out first, and you can put it together later.

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
lol you sound like you are right on schedule for doing a critical responce, you dont need to worry at all.

as long as you have an idea about what you are going to be looking at in your critical responce you dont need to worry too much. Have a general idea about what you want to be picking out of your texts.

Are you looking for ideas and themes?
Structural features?
particular linguistic sytles?

then take your texts one by one - DONT try to do them all together or you will get confused - and spend a day or two goign throught them looking for whatever it is you are basing your essay on. Make notes in your journal about what you find. mark pages etc

mabye even take a page of the text u think is good and photocopy it - stick it in your journal and anyalise the hell out of it - pull everythign out of it that you can - this is a good exercise to get u in the right frame of mind for anyalising that particular text. When u get stuck on it you can come back and do a bit more - that really worked well for me.

bty - what is your thesis and what texts are you looking at? someone might be able to help you a little better if we know what u r studying

uh_huh2

HSC
Im analysing the characters and narrative structure of modern text. Starting with 'Kew Gardens' by Virginia Woolf. I'll attach it here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)