anatomy textbook (1 Viewer)

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
wanting to buy a textbook on anatomy and looking at grays and moores. Can you give me some help on what are the better texts on anatomy?

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
i have Martini which is quite good, it came with 2 other books - one had photos and xrays/CTs of all the bits and pieces and i think the other was a sort of condensed workbook with all the essential info boiled down. lots of practice questions & pretty pictures in the main text too.

have a look at www.textbookexchange.com.au for second hand texts, it's a bit cheaper than the horrendous prices for new texts

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
why not? im jut interested in medicine and i wanna learn more bout anatomy and stuff.

hotpot

HSC
Thats cools, except you are probably better off studying for the hsc, do some charity work, hangout with friends than reading an anatomy textbook. Plus ull do anatomy to death when u do get in...

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Hanging out with friends over reading anatomy books if interested in medicine? Typical MSO'r.

Come on kids, let's all complain about how hard medicine is!!!11!11~~ OMG!11!!
Oh maybe you wouldn't complain so much if you didn't "hang out with your friends" as much as you do.

fkoff

hotpot

HSC
calm down buddy, did mso delete another one of ur explosive posts or something? why ru getting so touchy for no reason?

msomana

HSC
A joke, I assume, similar to those that made you rather unpopular with the MSO crew.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
msomana said:
A joke, I assume, similar to those that made you rather unpopular with the MSO crew.
The MSO crew? Jokes aside for a second, your crew a bunch of frightened little fags whom I’d like to kick in balls. Unpopular? Oh dude, I'm so worried about my internet kudos so I best be friendly and agree with what everyone on MSO says, like fucking the world revolves around these few ego-exploding, worthless bags of bones.
I don't want your crew, nor do I want to be part of that circle of shitness. :)

hotpot

HSC
Another question mate, why is a mid 20's guy getting so worked up over something so insigificant on an online forum FILL with ppls more than half a decade his youth?

I have no idea wat has happened on mso, but omg, grow a spine and GET OVER IT!!! Sure you may not agree with wat individuals on mso has said, but wake up, who ru for demanding ANYONE to agree with you? If you got rage to ramp, go to a bar, get wasted, pick a fight there, get ur head smashed in, i dont really care... but mso and bos are purely for students who wants to get somewhere in life, and want to discuss, of course with etiquette ;-)

aussiechica7

HSC
nice response HP

bacilli take a chill pill honey... and perhaps it might be best for u 2 talk about the difficulties of being a med student if u ever happen 2 become one :)

for now, i agree w the above advice... many more important things u could b doing than reading an anatomy textbook this far into your hsc... but if u want 2 read one in the hols, martinis has good introductory anatomy, and moores has quite good explanations

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
[I'm 20 years old dude, 2 years older than most of the students on here. What's your problem?

I think it's best for you to shut your worm-hole dude since you are making absolutely no sense. Firstly, this is a tertiary forum; most of the students who post in the 'tertiary forums' are well into their 20's. Secondly, nothing happened on MSO that would deter me from seeking information there - I got no idea what you're talking about.

When did I expect members to agree with me? Provide evidence while you cough your incoherent allegations all over the forums here dude - where's your evidence that proves I "demand" MSO members to agree with me?

Where's the rage? What are you talking about? There's no rage here. We're having a discussion.
Just be quiet man, your mother and father undoubtedly failed as parents (It’s obvious, your comprehension skills and ability to understand are non-existent).

Much respect AC, we'll see though...

msomana

HSC
for pure "anatomy" per se netter's atlas is awesome; best textbook for anatomy exams where there are pins stuck in human specimens and all you have to do is name them; it's a much easier read than moore's (well, it's an atlas, just pictures with labels.) It's very easy to write what they do in an exam - structure begets function... so... the mitral valve opens one way to let blood through, the omentum acts as a fat store and protects the contents of the abdomen in case of leakage... etc etc...

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
moore is good for structure and function

netter is intermediate..

grays is almost just pure atlas traditionally.. prolly get the new student edition.

*shrug*.. frankly.. id say hang out with friends too.. its definately better value... when u are in med school lookin at that anatomy book.. at least u can daydream about something more fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)