Ancient Exam Thoughts.... (1 Viewer)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
It was pretty fair, I think. A couple of odd questions like the personality social status one (um...he was king? is that enough?) but overall ok... I think I'll pass, at the very least

bjMaxx

that stupid social status thing confused the fuck out of me.
i thought i better cover all grounds so i wrote a bit about his childhood and background and some shit on his role as pharaoh (akhentaten that is).
what stupid wording.

St@R_B@By

well i knew i was fucked when we had reading time. what were we sposed to write bout social position? i wrote that akhenaten raised his status to a god and that him and his family did royal processions, but noone in my class wrote stuff like that. and the Amenhotep II to Ramses II stuffed me up completely, didnt know what to write for any of the four questions. i Totally revised the wrong stuff. but its all cool, got 3 exams left and hopefully i wont stiff them up or it goodbye uni for me...

mememe

Don't worry too much about the social status question
a. cos everyone struggled the markers will be more lenient than not
b. it was only worth 5 marks so at worst you still wouldn't jepordised your ability to get 90+

I found it ok. I have no idea really, the questions were alright but everyone seems to have gone so well! So maybe it will be harder to stand out as doing exceptionally well.

Wiggum

Originally posted by shelley
it was a good exam for me, of course it helped my historical period question (augustus and julio claudians) was the revision question in the maquarie guide! best spent $30 ever!!!!
Originally posted by SmokedSalmon
Well frankly the questions I answered for my 2 historical periods were almost exactly the same as my trial questions! So I was pretty confident there.
Yeah same here, except obviously with the Julio Claudians and only that one. So no money spent :) Paper wasn't too bad, worried about sections 2 and 4, didn't do too well, but Agrippina wasn't too bad, just screwed up the social position, which i already knew but yeah.

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
Originally posted by Cakeater
i did Akhenaten, Egypt between amenhotep III and Ramesses II, Sparta to the battle of Leuctra and Rome:Society between Augustus and Titus. The personality section was alright although i thought "social Position" was a little gay, Rome i kinda fudged, not expecting brilliant results from that, Sparta i did the government essay reasonably well and I did the queens essay for the historical period.
I did Akhenaten, Sparta and Amen III to Ramesses II as well. OMG I didn't study the queens coz I figured they wouldn't ask the same question as they did in 2001!!! I almost died when I saw that. I ended up doing the other question, the establishment and significance of the Ramesside dynasty. I wrote a fair bit, so that was ok.

The spartan one was ok too, again i did the opposite - the one about the everyday life. I liked that, pretty broad :)

Akhenaten was ok, i owned the foreign policy and i just wrote stuff about him being a pharaoh for the social position one.

My other option was the Minoans which was fairly good coz i knew heaps on death and burial :D I was pretty happy with the exam considering i had a major stress attack about it yesterday. I threw all my notes out (a pile ten miles high) and it felt soooo good!! No more ancient :D:D:D

tash

lalalala
HSC
it was heaps better than i thought it'd be. the minoan society questions were the BOMB i couldn't have asked for better! same with the augustus to titus extra society that was good too. but the cleo was a bit dodgy- what the hell was her social position??? oh well i'm bloody happy it's over WOOHOO!

CasaNovo

HSC
N/A
I liked the exam overall, resembled the trials a fair bit.
I did Hatshepsut, Minoan society, essay on Spartan society (government) and New Kingdom Egypt (wars agianst hyksos).
I stuffed on the Hatshepsut question and the burial customs questions for minoans.!
bahhh

porka

I walked into this exam fearing and in part expecting to get raped yet I was really surprised at the relatively basic nature of all the questions. It can't get much easier than: assess the significance of Ramesses II's building program !! Neway I was happy with all the questions and I have no doubt that it could have been a hell of a lot harder had those who set the exam felt the need to really test us..

jaNetix

ok
i know im a lone ranger doin jezebel as personality
but get this the topic is on her and the friggen BOS ask a Q. on ahab!
a 10 marker as well!!!
grr!!!!!

revoltism

one minute i hear ancient is scaling bad one minute i hear its one of the good ones
this is pissing me off

Wiggum

Think of it this way: If average of the state is higher in subject x than subject y, then subject x will get scaled down.

neesha

there was an article in the paper about abbostleigh school and about how they liked the paper, and how they thawt it was good/easy/fair...looks like year 12 2004 ancient history kids may b in 4 a big shock if the majroity of pplz r saying it was "2 easy" this year- they mite make it really really hard next year! hehehehe...

ilex_aquifolium

HSC
Originally posted by jaNetix
ok
i know im a lone ranger doin jezebel as personality
but get this the topic is on her and the friggen BOS ask a Q. on ahab!
a 10 marker as well!!!
grr!!!!!
I do Jezebel too! It is a bit unfair for the people who don't do Israel/Judah as a historical period.....
But it's nice how Jezebel was the only personality not to have the role in society question!

Leon585

HSC
andre pang doesn't need a lap top computer, because he studied 100 hours for the exam during stuvac with 200 + pages...

imagine what he did all up... i know scary :O

his a bit pissed though cos he didnt sabotage the class enough during assessments to boost his ancient assessment mark :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)