Ancient history essay??? (1 Viewer)

freshleaf91

HSC
how do u structure a ancient history essay?like - assess the reason of the persian defeat- assess the contribution of the spartan leader

Last edited:

vasuu91

HSC
how do u structure a ancient history essay?like - assess the reason of the persian defeat- assess the contribution of the spartan leader
With the essay you have to be careful of how you structure it. how I studied for this section was I would get down the main points like reasons for Persian defeat - things like lack of good leadership; not a strong navy etc. Then you have to be careful of what the question is asking- its easy when it says 'Describe' but chances are they will ask you to 'assess' or 'explain' in which case you need to have an argument rather than just stating the facts. This should be supported by primary and secondary sources. While using sources is extremely important, at times some students get carried away and their essay becomes a compilation of sources- remember it is YOUR essay and the sources are only supporting your points.This is how I would structure my essay:Introduction- introduce all points you're going to make in the essay. treat this like a mini answer to the question.Body:For each point you make- introduce the point; assess/explain/examine etc it; back it with sources; sum it up in a mini conclusionConclusion- dont introduce anything new here, this is only to round up your answer.If you practice essays a few times like this it becomes really easy after a while and its a pretty simple structure to follow.Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)