Ancient History predictions (1 Viewer)

bugra

HSC
N/A
^^^^^^
Any ideas for the core specifically?
ffs I'm feeling ethical issues or issues of conservation/reconstruction. I'd really love a 10-12 marker on issues plspls

and maybe political system or economy? I'd honestly be pumped with either. If we get a greek and egyptian influence I'll be screaming

What other options are you doing

Marley_Rat

HSC
Uni Grad
ffs I'm feeling ethical issues or issues of conservation/reconstruction. I'd really love a 10-12 marker on issues plspls

and maybe political system or economy? I'd honestly be pumped with either. If we get a greek and egyptian influence I'll be screaming

What other options are you doing
I am betting on conversation and reconstruction as its the only dot point left from that section and it does seem to be the trend. I also think Greek influences is a possibility because they haven't drawn from that dot point since the new syllabus and i would be happy with a 4/5 marker on it.
Im doing Sparta, Hatshepsut and Greek World. What about you?

bugra

HSC
N/A
Yeh but this is the thing with NESA, when they think we see a trend, they don't follow it lol. I wouldn't be shocked if they asked technologies cos 2020 was research. A four to five marker on greek would be fine, just not an extended response. Could be women too ah3rfrh3waddaksjnh fuck my life

Crete, Hatshepsut, NKE to Thutmose lV

Marley_Rat

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah idk i still have a feeling about it lol. How are you finding Hatshepsut, its my favourite topic personally

bugra

HSC
N/A
Yeah idk i still have a feeling about it lol. How are you finding Hatshepsut, its my favourite topic personally
I'm gonna write an issues of conservation and a technologies today so hoping ur right
Hatshepsut is g, she's an icon and a legend and the moment and all her quotes make me fizzle bahah
I'm hoping we don't get a value and limitations question

Marley_Rat

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm gonna write an issues of conservation and a technologies today so hoping ur right
Hatshepsut is g, she's an icon and a legend and the moment and all her quotes make me fizzle bahah
I'm hoping we don't get a value and limitations question
omg haha. A legacy or impact on her time question would be ideal i think. I just need a few more modern sources for it

bugra

HSC
N/A
omg haha. A legacy or impact on her time question would be ideal i think. I just need a few more modern sources for it
Yah I'd really love an ancient vs modern interpretations question. I don't have many that summarise a view on her reign into a nice neat quote, but I guess that's your own assessment to make. Like in influence you'd just look at whether or not she upheld the kingship in its different aspects and then come to a conclusion i guess?? Idk what i'd do for legacy hoping not for it

Like spitting fire at my enemies come on how is she not a boss

Marley_Rat

HSC
Uni Grad
Yah I'd really love an ancient vs modern interpretations question. I don't have many that summarise a view on her reign into a nice neat quote, but I guess that's your own assessment to make. Like in influence you'd just look at whether or not she upheld the kingship in its different aspects and then come to a conclusion i guess?? Idk what i'd do for legacy hoping not for it

Like spitting fire at my enemies come on how is she not a boss
Yes that is what i would do for influence. Legacy is similar but you talk about it from a different angle eg her building program was the most spectacular. Yes she is a boss haha

bugra

HSC
N/A
Yes that is what i would do for influence. Legacy is similar but you talk about it from a different angle eg her building program was the most spectacular. Yes she is a boss haha
I feel like for legacy I would talk about:
- her religious policy, and that the power she gave to the priesthood gave rise to the amarna revolution, and that she set a precedent for god-to-ruler relationships that can be seen in modern religion
- her administration of the empire, and that the transition of power was smooth, she set up structures that helped expand the empire, and championed the co-rulership that contributed so much to the future of the dynasty
- her damnatio memoriae and that her legacy after her reign was one of not upholding ma'at and that she didn't have respect, giving rise to ancient censorship that also became practised in the roman empire

idk that's what I would do cos legacy to me seems harder, but hatshepsut better be looking down on me

Marley_Rat

HSC
Uni Grad
I feel like for legacy I would talk about:
- her religious policy, and that the power she gave to the priesthood gave rise to the amarna revolution, and that she set a precedent for god-to-ruler relationships that can be seen in modern religion
- her administration of the empire, and that the transition of power was smooth, she set up structures that helped expand the empire, and championed the co-rulership that contributed so much to the future of the dynasty
- her damnatio memoriae and that her legacy after her reign was one of not upholding ma'at and that she didn't have respect, giving rise to ancient censorship that also became practised in the roman empire

idk that's what I would do cos legacy to me seems harder, but Hatshepsut better be looking down on me
Yeah that would be a suitable response. She would be laughing that we have to study her honestly #girlboss.
With the ma'at thing tho, make sure you acknowledge this is only the traditional interpretation of her reign because her throne name, maatkare, is evidence that she thought it was important/goddess was important.
How are you feeling about Thut IV and Crete?

bugra

HSC
N/A
Yeah that would be a suitable response. She would be laughing that we have to study her honestly #girlboss.
With the ma'at thing tho, make sure you acknowledge this is only the traditional interpretation of her reign because her throne name, maatkare, is evidence that she thought it was important/goddess was important.
How are you feeling about Thut IV and Crete?
yeh thanks, I guess we know now though that it was one of the pillars of kingship for everyone. Like our New Kingdom bosses had to do it as well. She's honestly rolling in her grave when I mention how gardiner and wilson operated under sexist outlooks of her military campaigns lol.

Uh not nervous for create its actually the easiest by far, but I'm reading Song of Achilles rn to get me in that history vibe yk? Thutmose lV is good except if i get two questions that both are shit, like as long as one is on something to do with empire I will be happy

Marley_Rat

HSC
Uni Grad
yeh thanks, I guess we know now though that it was one of the pillars of kingship for everyone. Like our New Kingdom bosses had to do it as well. She's honestly rolling in her grave when I mention how gardiner and wilson operated under sexist outlooks of her military campaigns lol.

Uh not nervous for create its actually the easiest by far, but I'm reading Song of Achilles rn to get me in that history vibe yk? Thutmose lV is good except if i get two questions that both are shit, like as long as one is on something to do with empire I will be happy
Yeah i am quite nervous for section 4 :/ And she not just rolling in her grave at you mentioning Gardiner, his existence and opinion of her in general lmao

bugra

HSC
N/A
Yeah i am quite nervous for section 4 :/ And she not just rolling in her grave at you mentioning Gardiner, his existence and opinion of her in general lmao
I feel like if one option is specific and one more broad I'll be happy.
She's rolling at thutmose lll/ whoever damnatio memoriae expelliarmoused her

Marley_Rat

HSC
Uni Grad
I feel like if one option is specific and one more broad I'll be happy.
She's rolling at thutmose lll/ whoever damnatio memoriae expelliarmoused her
Expelliarmoused her haha. I imagine her flaking away like Voldemort

bugra

HSC
N/A
Expelliarmoused her haha. I imagine her flaking away like Voldemort
I just know she was part evil part boss but in a good way. As in cutting off officials heads and castrating Nubian kings but then also building the best for her citizens

Epants101

HSC
I think most people like their personality; there is one constant around which you can construct your understanding. I find my personality - Tib. Sempronius Gracchus Tr. pl. 133BC - easier than my other topics too. Hopefully they don't give really nasty questions for the time period, because I am doing the Fall of the Roman Republic, which is quite broad.

Marley_Rat

HSC
Uni Grad
I think most people like their personality; there is one constant around which you can construct your understanding. I find my personality - Tib. Sempronius Gracchus Tr. pl. 133BC - easier than my other topics too. Hopefully they don't give really nasty questions for the time period, because I am doing the Fall of the Roman Republic, which is quite broad.
Historical period is the worst, good luck with it!

whatdoiputhere

HSC
I swear if we get a legacy/modern and ancient interpretations questions I will mald

I have done them so many times

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)