Anime, Manga thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hk31

HSC
Totoro

hey u seen this kid's anime...????
i suppose it's ok for listening practice...
easy to understand

moogle

I eat kuponuts.
HSC
N/A
i doubt you'd see that anime on tv >.> even though spirited away and mononoke hime have been english-fied ..

... i've seen it :D and um i don't remember if it was good listening practice or not, but i guess if it's a kid's anime then it wouldn't use such complicated language eh ..

kouri

well w t f
HSC
wee i have the mangaa in japanese haha.. with color

yeah its simple.

kids movie -_- its a faimly movie. one of the best family movies...

bluebleu

Well, it would help if you get the Japanese subtitles with it (only available with the Japanese Region 2 DVDs unfortunately).
If you like Totoro, check out other Studio Ghibli works, such as:

Kiki's Delivery Service (̑} [܂̂イт])
Porco Rosso (g̓ [EȂ̂Ԃ])
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (̒J̃iEVJ [̂ɂ̂Ȃ])
Laputa, Castle in the Sky (V̏郉s^ [ĂÊ냉s^])
Grave of the Fireflies (ΐ̕ [̂͂])

and a whole other bunch of shows. Lol. Here you can find more information on the shows. Most Studio Ghibli animes are family oriented, though some are more violent. If you're not the type to watch really depressing shows, stay AWAY from Grave of the Fireflies. Man that show is so sad... As for another good family anime to watch, try Kiki's Delivery Service, it's very good. Think along the lines of Spirited Away, though I seemed to enjoy Kiki's Delivery Service more. Personal tastes, I suppose.

kt san

do people studying japanese watch japanese drama for practice/entertainment?

kt san

i watched it
da kid was cute
da cat was cute
da anime was sugoku kawaiiiiiiiiiii!

kouri

well w t f
HSC
wooooo hoooooo i'll be goign to the studio ghibli + final fantasy orchestra concert
SOOO HAPPY CAN"T WAIT!!

an dyeah.. i'm a miyazaki fan :)
but haven't seen kiki's delivery and porco rosso -_- which i'm not too intersted in...other than that.. i've seen most of his films :)

bluebleu

Hmm, another FF concert? Hahah. The orchestral Studio Ghibli concert should be good, I'd certainly like to hear the soundtracks in full orchestra rather than the electronic music.
I agree that Porco Rosso isn't really that worth watching. It's among those of Miyazaki's works that I don't really like, like Ponpoko. Speaking of Ponpoko, for those who have watched it, I've been wondering, what in the world are those ball-like things that the racoons inflat at their crotch??? It's really odd, but that's what makes it funny.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
The only time game music is any good is when it is done with real instruments, not that MIDI synthesiser crap. Of course, when an orchestra plays game music it is superb. Has anyone heard the various Nintendo soundtracks, like the Zelda games? If you can get the orchestrated versions of these pieces you will fall in love with them.

jogloran

Originally posted by kouri
wooooo hoooooo i'll be goign to the studio ghibli + final fantasy orchestra concert
SOOO HAPPY CAN"T WAIT!!

an dyeah.. i'm a miyazaki fan :)
but haven't seen kiki's delivery and porco rosso -_- which i'm not too intersted in...other than that.. i've seen most of his films :)
\
Bloody hell, damn HSC!!! :( I wanted to go to that.

kt san

kouri i have no idea what dat concert is plz explain
btw i thought u were gonna spend da rest of ur days after HSC
k-ing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)