ANNONCE: FREE Screening of "Etre et avoir" - Meet-Up of French BOSeurs et BOSeuses! (1 Viewer)

Are you there?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

chepas

HSC
ANNONCE: "Etre et avoir", 19/1; "Les Choristes", This Week! - French Meet-Up!

In light of recent events perhaps it's best we pushed back the old plans (still below). Hip has suggested that we can go and see a new movie that is out - Les Choristes, which looks really interesting. This would be during the day sometime to be more accessible for people.

ATM, perhaps Thursday or Friday (20/1, 21/1)?

Here is the info as per www.dendy.com.au:

Dendy, Opera Quays (Circular Quay)

Les Choristes (M) 97 mins
Daily 10.00, 12.00, 4.30, 6.30, 9.20

maybe even...
A Very Long Engagement (MA) 134 mins
Daily 10.00, 2.00, 8.30
Hein? Perhaps after a little excursion to the Alliance for a croque-monsieur and some other steretypes :D.

Post New Ideas Here!

Meanwhile, Etre et avoir is still showing at Olympic Park tonight (19/1).

OLD PLANS AS AT 18/1/05
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ANNONCE!!! ANNONCE!!! ANNONCE!!!

"Etre et avoir" to be shown at Sydney Olympic Park!

I think it's time for another French meet-up. After the success of the first one that attracted in excess of 3 people :)p je vous aime encore Shaz et Hip), this one is even cheaper!

The famed movie/doco "Etre et avoir"/"To Be and to Have" is showing Wednesday the 19th January at 8.30pm at Sydney Olympic Park in the Overflow, just next tot he station exit and near the Stadium Australia.

Here is a link to more info.

Depending on what people's moods are, perhaps after we could grab something to eat/drink/merriment somewhere in this city, Newtown, in the city, wherever? Whatever happens :D. A casual affair.

I know it's the night that Uni preferences come out on the net but hey, might as well distract ourselves from reality, hehe.

Anyway, to indicate your interest just vote in the poll so I can see a roll call. Hopefully I'll be on soon to check and see how it's going.

Any more questions PM me or post your angoisses here :D.

Hope to see you there!
Chépas :D.

PS/Edit: I forgot to make the poll 'public' so if you're coming just add a message in this thread saying yay or nay.

Last edited:

malkin86

HSC
I'd like to go, but my parents are strict about me meeting up with random people in the city (I tried to organise to go to mardi gras with a few of my friends.. that my parents don't know well.. and they said NO! :confused: ;) ) and because I have little stamina and strength due to un handicap of mine. Would it be an all-nighter? From the 'grabbing an early copy of the Herald', I think it is.. :confused:

Plus my room looks like a tip, and no matter how much I clean it, it's never good enough. Which station? (Je suis une enfante des faubourgs) ;)

chepas

HSC
This isn't exactly the city, at the Olympic Park in Homebush so not in the place of debauchery, slander and sin that is the CBD :D.

I don't think it WILL be an all-nighter. Depends on what people's suggestions/feelings/wants are. Like I said, suggestions here hehe. Personally I'd like to do the UAC thing on the net too hehe, but the movie opportunity also sounds like something a` ne pas manquer.

Nearest station - Olympic Park. To get to there, trains run hyper-regularly from Lidcombe (the Olympic Park Sprint), and from Lidcombe we can get to the city, the North Shore line, out West, etc.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
Je voudrais venir, main je dois aller au nord. Such are the travel obligations of having seperated parents.

Next time though, definately.

malkin86

HSC
Aw, that's a pity leetom and omg_a. :(

I'm going to have to bring my older brother, if I can come - he's the one with the green Ps, you see.

chepas

HSC
:(

Sorry for all who can't make it :( Maybe it'll be better a few months hence when things have settled down with uni/work etc, where we have routines around which we can work.

Anyway - can I just check who can make it? Hip so far but there's another mystery personne... :).

A bit of a downer - for me at least ;) - I might not be able to make it. My finances make it that I won't have any fric until Thurs, so can't get myself to Olympic Park! :(. But I'll see. If there are still people far be my absence an obstacle to meeting up! A good place to meet is, when you come out of the station, walk straight across the plaza thing towards Stadium Australia, and meet each other at those weird light tower things that look like cranes. They're numbered, and the one there is Light Tower 1 or sometihng. Either that or something less obscure like the Maccas there, on the level near Olympic Boulevarde on the hotel building thingo.

So anyway - ceux qui s'y intéressent toujours, adressez-vous ici!

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
malkin86 said:
Aw, that's a pity leetom and omg_a. :(

I'm going to have to bring my older brother, if I can come - he's the one with the green Ps, you see.
The presence of older siblings is best avoided, it completely nullifies any chance of hooking in.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Okay, well why not hold off for a few days and catch one of the french films coming out this week. We've all probably seen 'Etre et Avoir' a gazillion times anyway.

There's 'Les Choristos' et 'Le Grande Séduction' opening this week at Roseville (http://www.rosevillecinemas.com.au/soon.asp) but there are other cinemas (Circular Quay..) which are probably in closer proximity to most BOSeurs et BOSeuses.

P'raps people *cough**parents* *hack* *would prefer the aprés-midi timeslot too.

Discuss. :cool:

malkin86

HSC
"Hooking in", leetom? I know not of what you speak.

chepas

HSC
Re: Hooking in - a mystery left to the ages ;).

Re: Later. Très bonne idée, Hip!

Yeah Les choristes looks interesting too.

I am free today, tomorrow and Friday, so if anyone wants to then?

At the Dendy in Circular Quay which Hip suggested:

Dendy, Opera Quays

Les Choristes (M) 97 mins
Daily 10.00, 12.00, 4.30, 6.30, 9.20

A Very Long Engagement (MA) 134 mins
Daily 10.00, 2.00, 8.30
from Thurs, 20 Jan.

Après vous also at 2pm, but I suppose a lot of people have already seen it, like E&A?

We could manage the 12pm Choristes, tomorrow or Fri?

If people still interested in tonight than that's cool. Just don't know when I can get on the net next (it has DIED AGAIN!!!! - in Dick SMith Macquarie now) so meeting/finding out stuff perhaps a bit tricky.

chepas

HSC
Hip said:
Currently devoid of a social life so either day is fine.
Yay so am I! Another consoeur in arms!

And :p to your lol of my net habits :D.

SO

Options for Circ Quay:

THURSDAY:

a) - Les Choristes @ 12pm (I'm not getting out of bed for the 10am one!)
b) - Les Choristes @ 4.30pm
c) - A Very Long Engagement @ 2pm

FRIDAY:

d) - Les Choristes @ 12pm
e) - Les Choristes @ 4.30pm
f) - A Very Long Engagement @ 2pm

At the moment I am thinking of either a) or d)...

People post your preferences! (Which are also due out in another 9 hours...). Also that's good to see who is liking to come of course knowing Kate, you are :p. How does that go with you malkin?

malkin86

HSC
I didn't go last night - I burned my hand on hotplate yesterday, so am writing this with 1 hand! Went to casualty at 12, got home at 4ish in the morning. I'll live, but hand is v. owie.

Maybe it is the panadol, but I am confused. ...

btw How much are tix for films la-bas?

BB will (hopefully) soon not be unemployed bum, so soon is good in that respect, but not good w. hand. the doc. went a bit overboard w. bandages, so hand looks like mitten - bad for seatbelts, typing etc. :) Need to paint eyes on bandage, and give amusing name. ;)

chepas

HSC
MDR. Mais en français ce serait naturellement Monsieur Pô.

Eh bien viens donc malkin nous rencontrer et ptet on peut signer ta main, sans te faire trop de mal!

Hip - is that your final answer?

EDIT: Damn poverty! I can't go anymore! I SWEAR I don't pike out of stuff so often! It's just that I have to squeeze $590 for enrolment fees out of nowhere by Monday... Sorry! OK. Maybe sometime in February before uni starts/school isn't too crazy yet? And more 05ers!! Vous etes ou?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)