Answers to the questions (1 Viewer)

Leap

free falling
HSC
I just spoke to my extn 2 teacher and I asked her that list of questions we made in the Reflection - Bibliography!?! thread last night.

1. Does everyone need a bibliograhpy?
She said no (apart from critical response) just make sure you've listed in your journal all the sources you used for your research.

2. Do we need footnotes for exact quotes?
No, though you can mention it in your journal/reflection statement. She told me that footnotes don't reflect my purpose/audience so don't bother - however it could be different for critical response.

3. Do we need our student number at header and footer of each page?
No, unless you think the pages are going to become seperated. Put it clearly on the cover sheet.

4. Do we need to state the amount of words in it?
No.

5. Does the bibliography for critical response need to be
annotated?
She didn't know. :( Sorry guys, she marks the short stories so she wasn't sure.

6. Does the bibliography have to be attatched to the reflection statement?
Doesn't apply to anything other than critical response - but probably put it in the journal (unsure).

7. Do we need a word count at the end of the reflection statement?
No.

Ok well hopefully that clears a few things up. Don't sue me if she's wrong about anything
;)

Last edited:

Jinglebell

HSC
what a champ *hugs leap*...along with a fellow critical responser, i have decided that annotating is boring and therefore it won't be done...also, apparently there was at least one critical response in the showcase with a non-annotated bibliography...if you can get 50 without it, then why bother:)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by Jinglebell
what a champ *hugs leap*...along with a fellow critical responser, i have decided that annotating is boring and therefore it won't be done...also, apparently there was at least one critical response in the showcase with a non-annotated bibliography...if you can get 50 without it, then why bother:)
okay, it's a stupid question to ask from an Extension 2 student, but what is Annotated bibilography? (I don't do critical response!)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
alhtough u dont have to do it for eveyr book..it is impossible to do it for my major work cuz i have gone thru 60+ books..
that's mad!

paegenpoet

Re: Re: Answers to the questions

Originally posted by sugaryblue
umm... judging from her answers, does that mean journals are going to be read?
My teacher tells me that journals are looked only at if the authorship of your work is called into question, or if your reflection statement doesn't contain all the info the marker wants...

As for annotated bibliographies...i'm doing poetry...but i'm putting all the books/poems/websites that i have read in the back of my journal with annotations commenting on how they assisted in contributing to my poetic technique...I only included the really important stuff in it though....

Cheers..

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by paegenpoet
My teacher tells me that journals are looked only at if the authorship of your work is called into question, or if your reflection statement doesn't contain all the info the marker wants...

As for annotated bibliographies...i'm doing poetry...but i'm putting all the books/poems/websites that i have read in the back of my journal with annotations commenting on how they assisted in contributing to my poetic technique...I only included the really important stuff in it though....

Cheers..

yeah in regards to the jounral thing, thatz what my teachers said as well. usually they dont relaly check your journal.......

Jinglebell

HSC
how many sources do people have in their bibliographies? coz i feel like i don't have many..probably about 20 when i'm done, which doesn't seem like enough for a year's work...

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by Jinglebell
how many sources do people have in their bibliographies? coz i feel like i don't have many..probably about 20 when i'm done, which doesn't seem like enough for a year's work...
Don't worry, I have about 20 too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)