Answers (1 Viewer)

G

gaoOO

joshuajspence said:
surely for 2 marks tho.... you could get one mark for recognising they are similar... and 1 mark for the conclusion that the angles are equal...

i don't know... i just think it 4 unit they aren't as fussy on the tedious proofs
actually, i think 4 unit is very fussy on proofs because in 4 unit, a question worth 2 marks will often require more than 2 main steps of working, particularly as you reach the latter part of the paper.

do you think they'll penalise the exclusion of 0 on the locus question, because i completely forgot about that!

joshuajspence

HSC
gaoOO said:
actually, i think 4 unit is very fussy on proofs because in 4 unit, a question worth 2 marks will often require more than 2 main steps of working, particularly as you reach the latter part of the paper.
but what about the 1-2 mark questions that require half a page to a page of working... surely 1 assumption rather than a proof is acceptable

gaoOO said:
do you think they'll penalise the exclusion of 0 on the locus question, because i completely forgot about that!
unfortunately i think they will... i looked at this question and was shocked. 3 marks for describing a locus geometrically... so i just threw in the equations of the locus and what-not... yeah i also completely didnt realise z can't equal 0.

G

gaoOO

joshuajspence said:
unfortunately i think they will... i looked at this question and was shocked. 3 marks for describing a locus geometrically... so i just threw in the equations of the locus and what-not... yeah i also completely didnt realise z can't equal 0.
mm, i thought so too. Gosh i'm stupid. Funny how i looked up the answers and managed to lose more marks in question 1 and 2 than 7 and 8. That's just sad :(

but honestly, if you look at most 4 unit papers, the solutions can be really long, but my teacher says that if it's question 8, then that is the standard, 4 marks worth but only 2 marks worth, if you understand what i'm trying to say.

yhamam

HSC
Buddy, i think u are close because i got 5.4m/s for this question. How did u go, i got 89%.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)