ANU Open Day (1 Viewer)

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
ANU Open Day

Come visit ANU on Saturday, August 28. While you're down here, you can also check out the other institutions on offer here - University of Canberra and CIT.

While you're down at ANU come check out the lovely colleges. If you're at Johns come say hi to me :p

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I'll be coming with my mates from Wollongong who are all planning to leave Wollongong for Canberra :p

There might even be two carloads! WTF?!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I want to go :(

Ill be at the sydney ones that day though and I doubt I can find a way down there...damn.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
santaslayer said:
Yes Ziff, just go 5000000000km to Canberra.
It's roughly 250km/155miles or 3hrs. That's not really exerting.

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
Well it's good to be able to check out the uni's before you make a decision. Though you can just do what many people I know and myself did and just come visit ANU once you've got into the course :p

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
I might come and check out my uni to see if its still worth attending...

it would be a shame if they didnt let me... being Open day n all.

Blackalicious

HSC
Yay! i can't wait, ive been dying to see what the campus looks like.

Taz

ThankGodItsNotStill2003
I went to the open day last year... and it didnt really help 2 tell u the truth. ANU looks like a nice uni n most of the lecturers seem nice but coz i hadnt actually been 2 uni before i didnt know anything, and didnt really know what any1 was talking about. I got lotsa books n pamphlets that i didnt even get around to reading... i think that unless u arent gonna go outta ur way to attend then dont bother.

c_eagle

HSC
Am going to the Open Day tomorrow.

If the campus is nice and the rooms adequate, I may well be a Canberran in 2005. (If someone would have told me that I would be even considering it 12 months ago, I'd think they were crazy.)

How busy do the Open Days get?

Callistogenic

HSC
Who's going this year? It's on the 27th of August.

Love to meet some of you potential ANU/BoS'ers. :p

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i really want to come to the open day but my parents are being a bitch about me even considring going down ther eto canberra to do my course. but they dont understand that this is the course tht i ahve wanted to do ever since i entered the senior school, and some time before that as well. they dont understand the significance.

but yeh, depends whether my friend is going down there fore adfa as well. hope he does so that i can get a ride with him to go down there on 27 august.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
er.....it kinda takes roughly 4-5 hours minimum to get down to Canberra from say hurstville....

Lennie

Callistogenic said:
Who's going this year? It's on the 27th of August.

Love to meet some of you potential ANU/BoS'ers. :p
Im going :D Its such bad timing though; the weekend before my trials :(

Im also checking out UC... Has anyone heard anything about the reputation?? How much time should I set aside for visiting ANU??

Btw. Is it a good idea to bring parents?? My Dad wants to come with me... Haha. Sorry about the questions :/

I cant wait... seems like forever

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
wrong_turn said:
er.....it kinda takes roughly 4-5 hours minimum to get down to Canberra from say hurstville....
If Hurstville is in Sydney, not counting the time that it takes to get to Central for the bus, it takes 3 hours.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
From Sydney it should take between 3-4 hours pending on where in sydney and average speed. My best time being from Outer west of sydney to canberra in abit under 3 hours, if you're like me you find yourself working out how you could arrive 15minutes earlier by raising avergae speed by just 5km etc etc.

Reputation wise ANU > UC, UC has improved but is still not in the same league as the ANU.

Insofar as taking parents, I didn't, alot did. I'd say it depends largely on whether or not you think your parents or yourself will benefit from their presence (I wasn't that callous when deciding my parents just couldn't make it down). So if it will make your parents feel better bring them, if their presence makes you feel better bring them, if they are an academic of some kind definantly bring them to ask the questions your forgot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)