Any '07 HSC'ers doing this course - B business/BSci in IT next year? (1 Viewer)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Any '07 HSC'ers aiming for this course - B business/BSci in IT next year?

I am! Well i hope i get in :)

Last edited:

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Beege said:
Then i'll see you at the camp!!...lol im a bit ahead of myself...i like the uai for this course...84..i think i can do it:)

mashiibo

HSC
Wee im aiming for the BscIT!! but waah im so stupid.. >.>

But anywho hope to see you next year!!! Muahahaha pre-friend making..ness

Beege

HSC
Even if I don't get into the bbusinesscomp I will still be very content with the BscIT. All I have to do is work my arse off for the next two months to get there. Plus HSC UAI bonus points scheme FTW!

laura56

BIT Student @ UTS
HSC
I mentioned this in another thread also, but I'll let you guys know again about BIT :)

Why not consider BIT @ UTS? It is very business-oriented and prepares students for management positions. I am currently a 2nd year student in this course, and I love it! You get the opportunity to work at two different companies for work experience - sponsors of the course include Westpac, Deloitte, Optus and IBM. During your work experience at most companies you get to choose the work you wish to do, such as a business analyst role or a programmer. Also, you get paid a scholarship of $13 000 a year which is pretty nice!!

To apply for this course, there is an application and interview stage. So you are not judged only your UAI. UTS is looking for motivated students who have a passion for IT and excelling in their career. Applications close late October.

For more information about the course and to download an application check out: http://it.uts.edu.au/course/scholarship/bit/

Feel free to ask me if you have any questions or would like advice on the application process :)

mashiibo

HSC
I did consider BIT but im not so much of a leader so no =P

And a UAI of 80 ain't so bad..if not insearch's fasttrack works out great too ^^

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
I never considered it because i chose this course because its combined with business, which is what i really want to do. I wouldnt be happy with just an IT degree - I'd want back up.

auzmericans

Fancy Dress Party...
HSC
I put this course down as my 2nd preference, the BIT being my first, and Bscit being my 3rd and last... if I got below the Bscit UAI i'd shoot myself anyway lol.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
I won't be getting into this course anymore. Damn my cynicism.

morganforrest

HSC
You see I would tanjin...but I want to be respected amongst my peers for doing a degree that actually involves a bit of thought and intelligence...

hence my Bachelor of Misc (aka Arts) :rofl:

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
morganforrest said:
You see I would tanjin...but I want to be respected amongst my peers for doing a degree that actually involves a bit of thought and intelligence...

hence my Bachelor of Misc (aka Arts) :rofl:
LOL.

After reading the first part, i thought - BITCH! MORGAN, BITCH!

LOL and then :eek:

morganforrest

HSC
Hey!!!!

I am proud to be a parasite on the life blood of society....and this means I cAn StArT tO wRiTe In AlTeRnAtInG cApS lIkE a ShIt ArTs SlUt!!!

I'm so cool :D:D:D

samuraitor

BoS lover
HSC
nice!

I just have secured my place for B business Bsc IT progam. I think it's a great combination. Will start in the coming semester!

Beege

HSC
samuraitor said:
nice!

I just have secured my place for B business Bsc IT progam. I think it's a great combination. Will start in the coming semester!
Wow well done! I hope everyone who wants to get into this course gets in next year!

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
samuraitor said:
nice!

Congrads. You have made an excellent choice.

Beege

HSC
Hectic the diploma of IT professional practice is now available for the BBusiness/BscIT degree!

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Correct.

Seeing that it is now optional (technically it always was), I don't see that the Diploma will be very popular to Business/IT students. I know people who have entered the double Business/IT degree because of the ability to complete your course within 4 years (whereas similar courses offered in other universities take 5 years).

I'm not disregarding the usefulness of the Diploma though. Experience is extremely beneficial for a future career in either Business or IT.

http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/it/ug/c10219.html said:
Industrial training/professional practice
Industrial training is now available as a separate course and students enrol separately into the Diploma of Information Technology Professional Practice (C20049) once they have secured suitable full-time employment in the IT industry. This incorporates a minimum of nine months' full-time work experience with four supporting subjects at UTS. Full-time students normally undertake the Diploma after completing Year 2.

Beege

HSC
I still cannot decide on my business and IT major. I'm looking at marketing and internetworking but I'm not sure if these mix well together. Any advice?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Beege said:
I'm looking at marketing and internetworking but I'm not sure if these mix well together.
To be honest, I don't think they mix well together.
Reading your other thread, you said that you had an intent on sticking to the IT industry when you graduate, so I'd go for the BScIT (choice of 2 majors being the sole reason).

The only major mixes that I thought were good (from reading it only) were Business Information Systems Management and Accounting/Finance/Financial Planning.

If you want more information from some course coordinators/students who are studying those majors- I'd attend the UTS Advisory Day: http://www.advisoryday.uts.edu.au/

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)