Any advice, information, tips and insights on St. Mary's Senior High School? (1 Viewer)

Dubuu

HSC
Hi all!

So I am planning on applying for SMSHS. From browsing around on Google I was only able to find like 1 or 2 recent discussions on St. Marys. Like the title says, does anyone have an advice, information, tips and insights etc. on this school.

Also, what do the Enrolment Committee look for when going through people personal profiles? Is it bad to give in your application last minute (I've heard stories where people who were relatively smart applied last minute didn't get in. Just wondering if this is still the case)?

I've also heard mix opinions on the teachers should I stay away of this school?

yooook

HSC
my uncle teaches there, ur in, I asked about a guy names Dubuu. ANd he said he made it

Congratioulations!!!!!!!

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi all!

So I am planning on applying for SMSHS. From browsing around on Google I was only able to find like 1 or 2 recent discussions on St. Marys. Like the title says, does anyone have an advice, information, tips and insights etc. on this school.

Also, what do the Enrolment Committee look for when going through people personal profiles? Is it bad to give in your application last minute (I've heard stories where people who were relatively smart applied last minute didn't get in. Just wondering if this is still the case)?

I've also heard mix opinions on the teachers should I stay away of this school?
I would say it’s a good school tbh. It’s much much better than the school I went to so I don’t see an issue with it.

vivillon

HSC
TBH, there/s no harm in applying! I currently go there and I feel like depending on what you do and who you hang out with and etc... Your experience at smshs can be completely different from another. I would say that you should apply to smshs but also apply to other schools with higher rankings like Girraween, Penrith, Fort Street, etc... If you don't get in, it doesn't matter much since I'm sure you'll do fine at whatever school you end up at. I applied to a few schools last year and I ended up going to smshs. Although, I would put more time in applications for selective schools.
The application process is pretty simple, I'm pretty sure you just need to write why you want to go to St Marys and show your reports. I applied on the last day so I don't really think they consider timing. Just realllyyy make sure that your report this year is good (It would be good if your previous ones were good as well e.g. year 9) since I'm pretty sure that's what they check as I didn't really have that many extra curricular activities at the time.
Regarding teachers, it really depends on who you get. In my opinion, since St Marys does utilise independent learning mostly, alot of your studying will be on your own as there is a lot of freedom given.

It may also be useful to check out this thread, there are many 19' graduates who offer some great viewpoints.
(Also if you apply and make it in next year, come to robotics club! Good luck with your application :D)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)