Any HGB fans? (1 Viewer)

kay90

HSC
any hellogoodbye fans?

if so, will you be going to their show @ the roundhouse this coming july. :)

if you havent heard of the band then i suggest you look them up and give them a listen :D

HSC
i like hellogoodbye, but no way in hell am i going to see them .. it's like what, nearly $60 for a ticket?

yeah sure, let's pay more to see hellogoodbye than to see death cab or the strokes, when they really aren't that famous/popular/fantastic. and they're playing at a huge venue up here, have fun playing to a half empty room guys.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
ahahaha $60, what the fuck?
i like them too... and i have a live concert dvd of theirs (from like 2 years ago or something) and it looked like heaps of fun. but my sister "discovered" them like 6 months ago and along with fall out boy etc.... im just like holy fuck, can you sort of not listen to them for one day or something dude?
so yeah i won't be seeing them.

kay90

HSC
katietheskatie said:
i like hellogoodbye, but no way in hell am i going to see them .. it's like what, nearly $60 for a ticket?

yeah sure, let's pay more to see hellogoodbye than to see death cab or the strokes, when they really aren't that famous/popular/fantastic. and they're playing at a huge venue up here, have fun playing to a half empty room guys.
where the hell did you get $60 from? :/

theyre playing at the nsw roundhouse and the tickets are $45.

i wouldnt pay $60 to see hgb, nor would they even propose that sort of price if they only just got introduced here at the end of last year.

kay90

HSC
i guess, but international bands have always been a little more extra.
ive been listening to them for the past 2 years and ive been hoping theyd come, and they have, i missed out on their gig last year, wont do the same mistake again this year.

cccclaire

HSC
I'm seeing them!
$45 which is well worth it in my opinion.
I saw them last year, but they only played a 40 minute set + I had to listen to Avalon drive and All-American Rejects =/

They're suprisingly really good live, I didn't think he'd be able to perform the songs like on the album, but they put on such a good show =]

kay90

HSC
awesome :]
yeah they were opening for AAR werent they? i was gonna go but i didnt wanna pay $50+ only to listen play for 40 mins.

but yeah good to hear some positive feedback about them playing live.
thanks.

HSC
kay90 said:
where the hell did you get $60 from? :/

theyre playing at the nsw roundhouse and the tickets are $45.

i wouldnt pay $60 to see hgb, nor would they even propose that sort of price if they only just got introduced here at the end of last year.
if you buy them from ticketek.com.au, by the time you add on booking fee and postage it's pretty much $60.

and like sarah said (what sarah said, lol), $45 is a shitload of money for a band of that .. um, level of fame.

cccclaire

HSC
I don't detemine the amount of money I'm willing to pay to see a band based on their "level of fame". I determine it on how much I like their music.
Really $45 is not a alot, considering they're flying over to Australia and playing only 4 relatively small venues, they have to make a profit somehow.

HSC
tegan and sara are from canada, they only played tiny shows, are more wellknown than hgb, and their tickets were like $25. win.

cccclaire

HSC
well then they're dumb for charging $25.
They could have made a lot more money.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
cccclaire said:
well then they're dumb for charging $25.
They could have made a lot more money.
would they be smarter if they charged $100?
silly billy.

kay90

HSC
cccclaire said:
I don't detemine the amount of money I'm willing to pay to see a band based on their "level of fame". I determine it on how much I like their music.
Really $45 is not a alot, considering they're flying over to Australia and playing only 4 relatively small venues, they have to make a profit somehow.
ditto.

kay90

HSC
and lets not start fighting here kids, the initial idea for this thread was to find out if there were any HGB fans, not to start dissing bands about their level of fame and how much they should charge on tix.

please.
now, coffee time.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
cccclaire said:
uh... arent you the one who went to see afi even though you apparently didnt like them much then complained that all their songs sounded the same and said the lead singer was a "fag"? :rolleyes:

cccclaire

HSC
breaking said:
uh... arent you the one who went to see afi even though you apparently didnt like them much then complained that all their songs sounded the same and said the lead singer was a "fag"? :rolleyes:
yes.

I guess it seems stupid that I'd pay money to see them when I don't like their music, but back then i had a job and money to spend.
And I felt like going to a concert. I like concerts.

cccclaire

HSC
geeeeeez.
why are you such a bitch to me?
I just called Davey Havok a fag and all of a sudden I'm like the devil?

kay90

HSC
katietheskatie said:
please act more like the person in your avatar.

ie, take a vow of silence. preferably internet silence.

if you wanna pick on someone do it some place else, not in here.

and i'll say this again:
kay90 said:
the initial idea for this thread was to find out if there were any HGB fans, not to start dissing bands about their level of fame and how much they should charge on tix.
please.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)