Any other uni students beginning to feel that career and study aren't that important (1 Viewer)

Danoraptor

HSC
Uni Grad
I study computer science and work as a developer for a big 4 company.

Sometimes I feel like hanging out with friends, dating people, raising a family, watching a football game with dad etc are some of the smaller moments of life but really make it worth living and what life is all about. I'm beginning to feel my job and studies are just a means of funding these moments and nothing much more (not to say I hate my job or field at all).

Anybody else feel the same?

RyanT7

HSC
Re: Any other uni students beginning to feel that career and study aren't that import

The reason why most people work is just to sustain their living expenses. Of course there are people who may enjoy their job / studying, but it isn't exactly common to see.

enoilgam

HSC
Re: Any other uni students beginning to feel that career and study aren't that import

I consider my career largely unimportant. Ive been fortunate enough to work for some great organisations and people, but ultimately, this isnt my desired career at all. I see my current career as a means to an end, a pathway to building a strong, financial secure life where I can pursue other, more important endeavours.

Danoraptor

HSC
Uni Grad

What is your desired career path?

Orwell

HSC

I thought facebook v2 was working out well for you?

Danoraptor

HSC
Uni Grad

I thought facebook v2 was working out well for you?
Hahahaha it's alexa rank is growing daily <3

si2136

HSC
N/A

Reality, Im just not good enough to get in.
At least you're being realistic.

@OP, we all work because we need to, to survive. We don't really have a choice, but everyone has once contemplated this, the meaning of life, why we work when we can enjoy ourselves, because this is an investment into our future (although life is short).

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

Reality, Im just not good enough to get in.
I think this is untrue. If you did GAMSAT you'd have the upper hand at the english and essay writing section, which is the majority of the exam. It's usually why most non-science students get into grad med.

enoilgam

HSC

I think this is untrue. If you did GAMSAT you'd have the upper hand at the english and essay writing section, which is the majority of the exam. It's usually why most non-science students get into grad med.
Id get killed on the science component, the last time I studied a science subject was for my School Certificate which was 8 years ago.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

Id get killed on the science component, the last time I studied a science subject was for my School Certificate which was 8 years ago.
You'd just have to pass the section, I think a bit of study would do that

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

just cos you're balding like me doesn't mean that you shouldn't try

I reckon you'd be good at the writing part and science is just applying logic from the questions I've done. It's like circuit X has 100 impedance now circuit Y has this variable removed what is the impedance now. You just have to work out how to use the formula

sinophile

HSC
N/A

life doesnt have meaning.

DonnaN

HSC
N/A

Happened to me :(

HSC
Uni Grad

Yeah, sometimes I rather just cbf corporate life and just do teaching, something I probably really want to do instead.

That said, momma ain't gonna be happy if I do such a move.

Chiisora

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad

I study computer science and work as a developer for a big 4 company.

Sometimes I feel like hanging out with friends, dating people, raising a family, watching a football game with dad etc are some of the smaller moments of life but really make it worth living and what life is all about. I'm beginning to feel my job and studies are just a means of funding these moments and nothing much more (not to say I hate my job or field at all).

I do feel exactly the same. Which is why I quit my office job and am currently now teaching English overseas. As mentioned before, I think everyone feels that way at some stage but one of the main reasons keeping us going is the fact that we need to do something that funds our lifestyle. I don't know whether I've made the correct decision but life right now is good and maybe we should just think about one day at a time. You never know what will happen tomorrow anyway :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)