Any tips for achieving a 90+ ATAR. (1 Viewer)

Travis Scott

HSC
I want to achieve a 90+ ATAR, I started Yr 12 today, I am feeling very ambitious but also scared at the same time waiting for the unknown. I do Bio, Business, Math Standard, English Standard, and Modern History. What should I start doing from now to be a 90+ ATAR, I watched several ATAR study tips and they don't sink into my head. Any advice, help or tips could help me.

Hscbuzman

HSC
My advice is:
I define study as 3-4 hours after school, 6-7 hours on the weekend and 6 hours a day in the hols. (Although summer you can probs do 4 a day since it is so long)
If you study from Term 4 through the summer hols, 95+
If you study from Term 1. 85+
If you study from term 3 75+

In this time just write essays, do past papers and get feedback. I would aim to have all content learnt by Jan 1st 2020.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad

In this time just write essays, do past papers and get feedback. I would aim to have all content learnt by Jan 1st 2020.
wtf?
Yeah @Travis Scott don't listen to that lol. If you want a 90+ a consistent study habit is necessary, however learning all the content by jan 1st is not. The only people I know of who even came close to learning all the content for a single subject that early were people who state ranked in 4u.

Hscbuzman

HSC
wtf?
Yeah @Travis Scott don't listen to that lol. If you want a 90+ a consistent study habit is necessary, however learning all the content by jan 1st is not. The only people I know of who even came close to learning all the content for a single subject that early were people who state ranked in 4u.
If he wants a good atar then he should listen to me

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
If he wants a good atar then he should listen to me
Yeah sure but it's a bit overkill. Like I said I've never heard of anyone learning all the content for every subject that early.

Hscbuzman

HSC
Yeah sure but it's a bit overkill. Like I said I've never heard of anyone learning all the content for every subject that early.
I mean even if he tries I doubt he will but that is why it is a aim. It means his July onwards will be a lot easier if he has that aim

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
I mean even if he tries I doubt he will but that is why it is a aim. It means his July onwards will be a lot easier if he has that aim
Agreed, but he may also feel given that advice that he is falling behind or that he won't get a good atar which isn't true because he has already done a lot more than most people. At the end of the day setting realistic goals is always better than unrealistic ones. This gives you a sense of achievement and motivation to go on, whereas unrealistic goals just demotivate most people.

Travis Scott

HSC
Man this is an ongoing discourse, but yeah sure being early is good but too early is being soaked dry from spirit and soul.

Travis Scott

HSC
My advice is:
I define study as 3-4 hours after school, 6-7 hours on the weekend and 6 hours a day in the hols. (Although summer you can probs do 4 a day since it is so long)

Hmm, so it is about doing things when people are not studying or revising. So, I study earlier and then everything will come together.

spyder101

HSC
its not overkill its the right thing to do. A 95 atar is gotten through lots of effort. So I suggest using his strategy

quickoats

HSC
its not overkill its the right thing to do. A 95 atar is gotten through lots of effort. So I suggest using his strategy
I’m pretty sure this Hscbuzman guy is a bit of a troll - you’re more than free to follow his advice, but be aware that some of the above study techniques (e.g. trying to cram the whole of Y12 before Jan 1) may place undue stress on yourself and cause you to burn out before the year has even begun.

Just remember that everything is good in moderation - that applies for study too :)

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
I can't tell if this is serious or not. I never did anything close to that for the HSC..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)