Any tips for year 12 students? (1 Viewer)

v sia

HSC
Well basically in less than a year , the HSC is on again , any tips on

1 ) what u should and shouldnt do and other helpful stuff

wallid

HSC
i dunno if u mean what to do and dont do in business studies or hsc in general

if u talking about what to do and don't do for business

start making notes from the sylabus for each topic NOW. dont waste your time. it pays off in the end - this is for any subject anyways, not jus business

dont worry to much about case studies, i did, and im sure a majority of the state made it up in the exam, the syllabus for a couple topics say u can use imaginative case studies anyway.. jus as long as they relavent

mmm not much else, exam technique pretty important, how to right a bus report etc, but if u start reading/posting forums now u should be alright

GL

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Business is a very soft subject, although the exam was a bit of an arse this year... Try to get a grasp of the whole course asap, but realistically it will all 'click' a few weeks before the exam, which is fine. You should have no trouble getting a good assesment mark if your teacher's reasonable and you apply yourself.

Kulazzi

HSC
=_Jennifer_= said:
make sure that you have your notes under syllabus dot points
I have a separate textbook, I use the macquarie revision guide cos we haven't received the business studies in action 2nd edition textbook yet cos all the yr 12 hasn't returned it yet BUT we still get to use some in class to write notes. Problem is that the notes I have written from the mac guide is totally different from the biz in action textbook even though it's under the same dot point. The biz in action has more content, so should I just learn from there or just add it to the ones I've already written from macquarie?

HSC
im in the same boat as you

i set a unique number to each of the (5?) topics, 1.10, 1.11 and for topic 2, 2.10, 2.11 etc.. for each heading

i put that number on each page that refers too syllabus

i thought of that idea while studying for my business yearlies! try it

Kulazzi

HSC
Casmira said:
i set a unique number to each of the (5?) topics, 1.10, 1.11 and for topic 2, 2.10, 2.11 etc.. for each heading
I get that, I do that as well (Chapter 2, 2.1 then 2.1.1....2.1.2) but what I'm saying is that even though both books follow the syllabus both have totally different wording. Mac will talk abt one thing while Biz in action will say something else :confused:

HSC
They both mean the same thing though, they'll both get marked as correct if you put either in

i went and studied off the 400 page business studies book and got 48%, i studied off just my normal smaller book (took me prob few hours where the other book took me 10) and i got 80%

be careful, i regret studying that hard for business, i should of used it on SDD =/

ryaneco

HSC
One piece of advice hey...drop the subject, drop the subject now!!!!!!

Jokes, your already in for the long stretch.

Make notes for the topics now, don't wait till halfway through the year, make notes for the topics as you go through each topic, it will seriously help because there is so much, im so glad my teacher told me this, otherwise i would have left it till a month before the exam and would have seriously been screwed over as there is quite alot of notes to make, not to mention studying them and studying for other subjects.

And make sure that you do your best in all your test throughout the year, because next years HSC may be more difficult than ours, and if you stuff something up you can always reassure yourself with how well you went throughout the year, but when it comes to the HSC study study study, i didn't and i learnt my lesson, so study.

Kulazzi

HSC
ryaneco said:
Make notes for the topics now, don't wait till halfway through the year, make notes for the topics as you go through each topic, it will seriously help because there is so much,
I agree. There is so much content to know that you have to start from now. I try during my free periods but that doesn't seem to work out well :p. And stuff like eco, i guess, has a lot of content as well, so start summarising (and re-summarising)

hen

just as everyone else said - make notes on syallabus make sure u cover everything and start now dont put it off, business studies has alot of content!!!

i recommend getting success one HSC booklet it cost 20 and its well worth it, it just contains past exams papers with really good answers to the questions... if u do the past years papers from 2001 - to 2004, u would have been tested on everything in the syallabus which will prove a big benefit in the 2005 paper. trust me!

besides that just regular revising should pull u through

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)