Anyone annoyed at bludging fellow ext 2 class mates? (1 Viewer)

floerr

Just wondering if anyone is frustrated beause they had people in their ext2 class who put in minimal effort?
ive been worknig my ass off for the past year and this guy in my class read like 1 book to write his play. he actually said to me "i'll write out a draft get the teacher to edit it all make it sound good and then check it the night before." not as a joke but he seriously expected this. my teacher obviously didn't do this, although his constant need for her to read his crap took time away from her looking at my work which i had actually worked on.
my teacher's annoyed aswell because of the marks people get who haven't put in 100% effort aren't that drastically different from people who worked really hard.
She was really shitty when he made her read his draft reflection statement...which was actually his report without the questions....meanwhile i was needing her to look at the reflection statement which i had actually worked on and written.
his crappy marks in his assesments won't be helping me either...for the viva voces he got 13/20 for the proposal around 7/10 and for the report 12/20
meanwhile i got 18/20, 9/10 and 20/20 so i will spit the dummy if his lack of any kind of commitment affects my uai...
...sorry just had to rant...now im done :) thanks

flydy

HSC
Whoops...I probably fall into that category of your angst.
I should be ashamed of myself.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
James is ashamed to admit that he is a chronic ext2 bludger. For research, he's read like...50% of 2 books respectively...although he has done quite a lot of internet reading =/

He worked quite hard on the actual composition however. Gender is such a sticky issue to talk about.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Nothing wrong with being a bludger!! I positively know I could have worked on it so much more but meh...i'm the bludger that annoyes everyone by coming first...hahaha.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
what do you mean by bludger?

i did mine in three weeks. ok, so it sounds as if i bludged. but it took me 8 mths to get the great idea i had. so i worked on it for hours upon hours after the trials. after the thought that i had gave the work for so long, it all just flowed. massive amounts of caffeine also helped the process.

i still did at least 60+ hours of writing, reading and work for the subject. so i didnt bust my arse all year. but i did the work, and lots of hours, so does that make me a bludger?

I showed my work to many teachers, they said im looking at an E4.

maybe i should wait for my real marks before i hand out advice tho

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
i would be inclined to defend students who seemingly put little effort into the ee2 course. i agree that it is perhaps not the best principle to neglect the course in the way you had described, though implying that your work deserves greater priority than his own is a little bit contentious. In my school there were only 2 ee2 candidates, which may perhaps mean greater teacher-student communication, but we largely agreed that we would look to help each other through the course to provide feedback to each other and acknowledge that there was equal rights in the teachers priority to our work. by attempting to divert your teacher away from editing his play would only further reduce his chances of attaining a successful mark, eventuating in him seemingly pulling down your own mark via averages. Hence, i would feel it is slightly unequal if you wanted to prioritise your work over his

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
black_man's raised a very good point. I think the important thing is for the students to help each other instead of relying on the teacher(s) to do everything. Reading other people's work might inspire you to something brilliant (admittedly, it doesn't most of the time) but it's good to have more than just the teacher to bounce ideas off.

Having said all that, I didn't do much research either, only a lot of drafting and editing of fellow candidates works (a few from other schools).

veridis

droog
HSC
i think i'm one of those bludgers as well. my research was next to none but i did watch alot of films and docos on films just out of interest that could kinda be counted as work, unfortunately they dont help my journal, a last night fake there. did my draft script in 3 weeks at the start, bludged for a few months, filmed it all in 2 weeks, bludged off a bit more, edited in 2 weeks.

clarity

HSC
In comparison to other students in my class, I'm that bludger. I mean, I did work on the project constantly since October, but they basically had everything finalised three months before the due date. On the other hand, my MW was finally completed on the tuesday morning lol. I felt I little slack. But in the end, we all had great products, so we'll just have to wait and see which formula was best.

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
One of my classmates began writing on the weekend of the 21st, and we handed it in on the 23rd. :)

adambra

HSC
floerr, if his work is as poor as you say it is, then he will receive a poor mark for his major work. Your mark shouldn't be affected much at all as you clearly outperformed him in internal assesment.

rachael230

his mark won't do anything to yours. im pretty sure that (unlike all exam subjects), in ee2, we arent compared to our classmates (perhaps due to the highly subjective nature of each of the assessments). our internal marks are moderated in comparison to our major work, not our ranks or anything.
please dont kill me if this is wrong... but seriously, it would be BS if it was any other way. what if your teacher hated you or really liked another student?

can anyone help to verify this... im scared because im the only one who posted anything along these lines

X

xeuyrawp

My class, interestingly, had the biggest bludgers in the grade as well as the top people in my grade after the final results.

They totally frustrated me with their inability to give feedback, which was a big part of my work. Thankfully, we all did really well in the end.

If you're really cranky at your class, I'd approach the teacher and get him/her to address it with the rest of the students. They should be mature at that level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)