Anyone doing Anil's Ghost?? (1 Viewer)

overwhelming

OMG.. this will be a crap book to do for HSC c.f.

It can only be so vaguely categorised as being c.f. as well :(.

Jennibeans

HSC
yep we're doing that 1 and yea I agree its difficult to see why they chose it. keep in touch...i'm happy to share anything i find out when we get to that novel that might help

i am doing anil's ghost

i just finshed reading it n we r doing it this term (04) term 2 n it is kinda confusing... how is it related to c.f i have no clue? anyone with any info or has done it please pm me.

wait, on second thought, i think its a new text introduced for hsc 04 so i dunno if anyone else would have dun it but us...... wat other texts u guys doing 4 c.f?

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by overwhelming
It can only be so vaguely categorised as being c.f. as well :(.
Perhaps thats the point?

Assuming that Anil's Ghost (I haven't read it myself) is a 'Post-Modern' piece of Crime Fiction, the text may incorporate multi-genericism, rather than being 'purely' CF, especially seeing its replaced Snow Falling On Cedars.

If so, that provides good grounds to write upon as well...

LiKe A FiSh

HSC
N/A
of course they are not going to give us a book that is completely in tandem to the cf genre, the course encourages us to write and comprehend what the genre contains and how a text can be crime fiction with some elements of other sub-genres. It just means we have more to write about when they ask us how Anil complies to and is not in fitting with the BOS def. For once they are doing us a favour in making us think about what we are reading and not having the answer staring at us so blatantly we cant miss it.

Plus i like Anil's Ghost.....shhhhhh...i think im the only one in the state

P.S. Political killings and civil disturbances are a subgenre of C.F.

That is all

call me lazy, but its so much easier having notes on the topic u r doing. especially with such a demanding novel..... like we need any further pressure right now! oh wella! i guess uts just another of lifes learnign curves....

olay

HSC
Like a Fish: Don't worry, quite a few ppl i know liked it :D i loooooooved "in the skin of a lion" a whole bunch more than anil's ghost though. have you read it??? [ok i admit it i am totally completely in LOVE with in the skin of a lion..]. did anyone else find the grammar in Anil's Ghost a tad ... screwy? it seemed like he'd stop mid sentence and start a new one? and he kept jumping in tense within the paragraph? AND can someone explain the ending? with ananda painting the buddha? like WHOA random. i don't get its significance/relevance to the story [except for maybe closure on his behalf?]. And there ARE a fair few links to CF... try reading through it again and write up anything that hits yer???

Red Lady

I'm doing anil's ghost too and half the class has had to read it tiwce and we still don't get it completely

hey red lady, i wana ask u wat u think of anil's ghost.. ma ext teacer sed that if we didnt take notes whilst reading anil's ghost we r screwed (well he didnt say that in those words but u get ma drift) u got any advice?? have use finshed anil's ghost?? would u be able to direct me toa nay rsites etc?
btw wat other subjects do u do.

chouboi

omg, this book..
im doin' it as well, dont see how it is related to the CF genre..
well i betcha the BOS will have an essay question comparing Anil's Ghost and The Skull Beneath the Skin
Modern Conventions vs Traditional C.F

LiL.Fella.Ezi.

HSC
hey guys!
im a current year 12-er and doing Anils Ghost at present too... any help would be MUCH APRECIATED!!!!!

PEACE!!

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
This is so old, you should start a new thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)