Anyone doing Graphics Design? (1 Viewer)

patto3

HSC
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has applied to do B Arts Graphics Design at Wagga.

Also, if any students currently doing the course could shed some light on what the course is like. Eg. Was it what you expected? What you like most? What you dislike? etc.

Thanks heaps.

Lamoo

Renegade Onion
HSC
well I'm not a grapho, but I do design for theatre and tv, so am part of the slightly nutty School of Visual Performing Arts. I'm in my third year and have some mates who are graphos. It's bloody hard work and you guys spend way more time in front of a computer than I personally would like (ha, but I'm more comfortable with powertools and sewing machines, so that gives you an idea of my attention span), but the facilities are brand spankin new and from what I've heard the lecturing is pretty good. It's a time consuming course, no doubt about it, but as far as I know you're working with industry standard programs/technology and whatnot.

You have to do elective subjects as part of your course, so you have the option to do stuff like multimedia, animation or tv production, so that side of it's pretty cool. I did a grahpics subject in second year as an elective and personally hated it because my computer abilities pretty much consist of forums and facebook, but others in that particular class seemed to like it. they make an effort to really stretch you too and are never satisfied with your work, but I guess this is just in an effort to make you work harder.

Sorry I cant really shed much light on the actual course though. I have friends who love it, and living in wagga is rad.

good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)