Anyone going to Degree in a Day? (1 Viewer)

ellipsis

HSC
I thought they already had that ? I went to one in term 4. It was really great though. They even had tasty free food.

What are the options for this one ? Are they different to last time ?
I didn't get both my choices last time though, so it might be cool to go again.... When is it ?

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
Originally posted by ellipsis
I thought they already had that ? I went to one in term 4. It was really great though. They even had tasty free food.

What are the options for this one ? Are they different to last time ?
I didn't get both my choices last time though, so it might be cool to go again.... When is it ?
Its on April 15 this year :D

Umm i cant really remember most of them but i can remember:

Philosophy on the concept of Freedom
Advanced Maths
War or Peace
Psychology
Civil Engineering
Resource Economics
Pharmaceuticals
Medical Science

and about 10 more i cant remember...

ellipsis

HSC
Mmm, it sounds the same as it was last year.
April 15, thats like next week right ? I prolly couldn't get my choices if I wanted to go again. Ah well...

You'll have fun, it was really good when I went. They must spend stacks on advertising etc. You get heaps of free stuff :D
I'm sure its all a grand propaganda plan to convince us to go there, but it sure works !

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
Originally posted by ellipsis
Mmm, it sounds the same as it was last year.
April 15, thats like next week right ? I prolly couldn't get my choices if I wanted to go again. Ah well...

You'll have fun, it was really good when I went. They must spend stacks on advertising etc. You get heaps of free stuff :D
I'm sure its all a grand propaganda plan to convince us to go there, but it sure works !
What kind of free stuff do you get?? :apig:

N

ND

Originally posted by Harimau
University of Sydney is offering a program called "Degree in a Day" for Year 12 students... anyone here going, and what courses are you doing?

Im doing:

War and Peace,
Advanced Mathematics: Solving the Rubik's Cube
What exactly is this? And is it too late to join?

P

pLuvia

mitsui and I went to one this year, it was ok, but didn't get to go my preferred lectures

G

genavania

there is another one on the 18th of april. who is going?

passion89

HSC
Harimau said:
Its on April 15 this year :D

Umm i cant really remember most of them but i can remember:

Philosophy on the concept of Freedom
Advanced Maths
War or Peace
Psychology
Civil Engineering
Resource Economics
Pharmaceuticals
Medical Science

and about 10 more i cant remember...
What other lectures are there? Does anyone know of a website or something? It sounds pretty cool...though I know it's too late

P

pLuvia

hopeles5ly said:
Which one did you go to?
Physics with the stars and some vet thing, I rathered the pharmacy and medical one :p

Bookie said:
itd be really good if someone could post a link. i tried but couldnt find one.

isnt this that thing that requires you to be invited by the school or something?
The university or your school gives you a form that has all the details and stuff. And also the website on it. And yes I tried to search for the program myself but I think they blocked it, apparently though teachers give this privelege to go if they think you can achieve a UAI over 95 :p

Ask your teacher or if I get a website I'll give it to you

G

genavania

yes it is an invite thing from your teacher if they think you can achieve a 95+ UAI.
when you go to the website you need a password as well

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Well, I'm sure that theres 150 - 170 guys in my grade capable of 95+, but i dont think our schools given too much heed to it. im interested though, so if you get it, pm me or something :)

G

genavania

hey bookie did you end up going.
It was today and i went.
so pissed off about the theology lecture. it was really crap and the guy doing it was showing his insolence and lack of knowledge. and to think he has a PhD.

P

pLuvia

Really was it yesterday? I thought the program was near the end of the year :confused: that's when it was on last year oh well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)