Anyone have problems with their VET course and UAI? (1 Viewer)

karennjack

HSC
Hey does anyone have the same/similar problems are me?

I was told that my VET course was a 2 unit study (which it is) over 2 years, and that it is UAI based....this from my school careers lady and you would think that she would know...so with this knowledge I decided "yeah, why not...I'll do the course."

Half way through term one I'm told that it's a one year course and it doesn't count towards my UAI. Yeah...I'm royally pissed because now I have to continue Ancient....eww.

Anyone got similar problems, and does anyone know if there is a way to overcome these?

Cheers!

tonyb1989

HSC
i'm in yr 12 this year and when going through the paper work me and my mates found the same thing but that is because you dont have to do it as part of ur uai and hsc exam crap. as long as people know that you want to attepmt the paper in the hsc and have it as part of your uai then you should be fine!
hope that helps

Anthony :)

karennjack

HSC
Its a Media - News Journalism course. I don't even think there is a final exam...but I think I'll talk to the deputy about it.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
karennjack said:
Its a Media - News Journalism course. I don't even think there is a final exam...but I think I'll talk to the deputy about it.
I think thats only a board endoresed course and therefore has no final HSC exam and therefore does not count towards your UAI. That is unlike IT and hospitality which are board developed and can be used in your UAI calculation.

-mz-u-wsh-

Cara Lee
HSC
it wouldnt have been a uai course.. your careers teacher sound like mine!!!

i cant get a uai either.. but thats because i choose two tafe subjects, all cool with me tho!

ashleighkyla

HSC
My paperwork came back as saying i was not eligable for a UAI even though i know entertainment is UAI. Director of studies at school is looking into it though it seems that it will all be ok. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)