Anyone have sample responses for this section 4 question (1 Viewer)

notme123

HSC
so economics is plan a

medicine plan b

actuarial is plan c (already early into that)
wow nice. in actuary ik micro and macro are mandatory. idk whats in macro but ive done some stuff for micro cuz a friend doing psych asked me to help with their homework cuz they had to do micro as an elective (they did eco in 2020 but clearly they didnt learn much and refused to watch lectures). it wasnt hard tho. its legit finding areas of triangles on a tarrif diagrem e.g. consumer surplus, dead weight loss etc. but some stuff id never heard of like price matrixes, pareto charts and long run costs

uniqueusername1

HSC
wow nice. in actuary ik micro and macro are mandatory. idk whats in macro but ive done some stuff for micro cuz a friend doing psych asked me to help with their homework cuz they had to do micro as an elective (they did eco in 2020 but clearly they didnt learn much and refused to watch lectures). it wasnt hard tho. its legit finding areas of triangles on a tarrif diagrem e.g. consumer surplus, dead weight loss etc. but some stuff id never heard of like price matrixes and long run costs
is there any balance of payments in the macro section? ;)

notme123

HSC
is there any balance of payments in the macro section?
idk tbh i have no clue what bop would fall under. but i dont think theres much calculation there since its literally whats in year 12. maybe something with econometrics, e.g. finding link between budget deficit and npy deficit which i had a stat from the oecd for but whatever (each extra dollar of a deficit increases npy deficit by 0.33)

uniqueusername1

HSC
idk tbh i have no clue what bop would fall under. but i dont think theres much calculation there since its literally whats in year 12. maybe something with econometrics, e.g. finding link between budget deficit and npy deficit which i had a stat from the oecd for but whatever (each extra dollar of a deficit increases npy deficit by 0.33)
mans using his stats now cause NESA dogged him :(

at least there was external stability on the policy side :) (section 3)

notme123

HSC
at least there was external stability on the policy side :) (section 3)
at the least. although i couldnt get everything i wanted down because my eg paragraph was huge and i needed the obligatory explanation on the cr corridor but i touched on all 3 sections (er, bop, nfl) so hopefully thats decent enough.

Hiheyhello

HSC
bop excuse me????? trade and financial flows is not really bop i think. theres a bit more to it than net exports like composition and destination of trade, and financial flows includes nfl more

sorry im just really triggered it wasnt a bop essay hahahahaha
don’t even get me started about how triggered i am it wasn’t a bop essay, i was so ready for that shit

notme123

HSC
don’t even get me started about how triggered i am it wasn’t a bop essay, i was so ready for that shit
same my teacher and i were so geed for it. is it just me or both the essay sections were very weird. NEVER BEFORE have the essays had like a common theme. e.g. section 3 they were both macro essays and similar objectives, section 4 were both linked to trade and the global economy

Hiheyhello

HSC
same my teacher and i were so geed for it. is it just me or both the essay sections were very weird. NEVER BEFORE have the essays had like a common theme. e.g. section 3 they were both macro essays and similar objectives, section 4 were both linked to trade and the global economy
i kinda predicted 25 and 26 would have at least something on fiscal or monetary so i made plans for both

um yeah idk wtf 27 and 28 were on about, but i somehow managed to squeeze bop stats in q 28 like i actually made so many odd links in that question- like i linked changes in the composition of trade to structural and cyclical impacts on the BOGS

and then i linked changes in the direction of trade to aus-china trade war

see i just don’t think that my reponse is very coherent

notme123

HSC
i kinda predicted 25 and 26 would have at least something on fiscal or monetary so i made plans for both

um yeah idk wtf 27 and 28 were on about, but i somehow managed to squeeze bop stats in q 28 like i actually made so many odd links in that question- like i linked changes in the composition of trade to structural and cyclical impacts on the BOGS

i went the same route. i just had one big para on fiancial then one big one on trade and ye i used bop stats as much as i could. since it was an assess q i said while global economy does have an impact, domestic factors also play a part in the change

Last edited:

uniqueusername1

HSC

interesting I would probs do for that q:
Aus-China = Direction (resulted in Australia strengthening ties with nearby east-asian economies)
Mining Boom Mark II = Impact on volume of trade
Recent trade agreements (RCEP) = impact on volume/direction of financial flows
Technological advancements = composition (although that would not be past 10 years :(

uniqueusername1

HSC
ngl i wasn't expecting income distribution/external stability for monetary

but good thing there was fiscal :)

notme123

HSC
ngl i wasn't expecting income distribution/external stability for monetary

but good thing there was fiscal :)
i was texting the only other good eco student in my year the night before the exam, and i legit said to them watch theyre gonna ask monetary on income distribution when i dont have a plan for it and GUESS WHAT.
thank god the stimulus was straightforward. like the last and first sentences were not necessary like they said the rba made the best decision for the community like ok you could link it to living standards but i didnt, so its basically a 3 line stimulus

Last edited:

uniqueusername1

HSC
i was texting the only other good eco student in my year the night before the exam, and i legit said to them watch theyre gonna ask monetary on income distribution when i dont have a plan for it and GUESS WHAT.
thank god the stimulus was straightforward. like the last and first sentences were not necessary so its basically a 3 line stimulus
mate i reckon the NESA economics department were spying on you

they took note of every topic you didn't want/study for (appreciation, external stability/income)

they neutralised your econ powers

notme123

HSC
mate i reckon the NESA economics department were spying on you

they took note of every topic you didn't want/study for (appreciation, external stability/income)

they neutralised your econ powers
its not that i didnt study for them its just theres some other stuff that i better prepared for but its fine i think i did well for the amount of study i did

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)