Anyone here do Bachelor of commerce at UNSW? (1 Viewer)

BobMac

HSC
Sup everyone.
For some reason yesterday at the UNSW open day I forgot to ask one important question regarding the course I want to do.
The question is directed towards students who are doing Bachelor of commerce at UNSW
and the question is
"How many days to you go to uni and how long do you go for? i.e. total number of days and hours for this course."
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Depends on how you set up your timetable. Commerce has lots of electives so it really depends on what other subjects you pick.

tambam

HSC
From what I've heard from people I've talked to, its around 12 hours a week.
And the days just depend on how you pick your timetable, cos unsw is very flexible and have heaps of classes/lectures for each subject, because so many people to do it.

I even talked to people who just fit all their classes into one day, 9am to 9pm, then had a 6 day weekend

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
most people do three days but you do less if you're lucky, and it is 12 contact hours: 4 subjects with a two hour lecture and one hour tute.

anne1010

HSC
From what I've heard from people I've talked to, its around 12 hours a week.
And the days just depend on how you pick your timetable, cos unsw is very flexible and have heaps of classes/lectures for each subject, because so many people to do it.

I even talked to people who just fit all their classes into one day, 9am to 9pm, then had a 6 day weekend
wow! 6 day weekend would be so awesome!

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
urgh i'm sick of people saying commerce is easy.
to answer your q average would be 12 hrs, 3 days a week.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
nah won't exactly be a 6 day weekend!!!

it would be hardcore 'study' days :(......
lol no. Unless you're a true workhorse who has carried on the hsc frame of mind of 'do well' in every assignment..

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
urgh i'm sick of people saying commerce is easy.
to answer your q average would be 12 hrs, 3 days a week.
It just means there's a lot less contact hours but in theory you're meant to be doing self study.

The reality is that most graduate jobs in the Commerce space rely on your non-academic contributions whether it be society work, work experience, charity, etc... and increasing the amount of contact hours doesn't necessarily improve your employability or suitability for a graduate role.

Also note, as you progress throughout your degree, your timetable flexibility diminishes rapidly. That is, whilst it may have been easy to schedule it all into one day or two in first year, it becomes a lot less flexible when you're doing electives in your final year. If you plan on doing online general education courses, save them for later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)