Anyone in the same boat for King Lear? (1 Viewer)

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Righto, so I have my two productions and I have my two readings. I have three focus scenes and six techniques for each production that represent the reading. I've memorised my quotes, remembered my themes and understand the concept, BUT... I have no confidence in answering the question properly, and I'm equally worried about the text type. I got 10/20 for my trial and I did just as much preparation as I have done recently. Is anyone else utterly stressed out about King Lear?

xanthanotus

HSC
lol....well you have done a shit load more then me i have 2 readings lol...numerous quotes...not alot of knowledge about themes and am shitting my self that they will turn it into a feature article or some other shit which will just add the pressure arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Originally posted by xanthanotus
I am shitting my self that they will turn it into a feature article or some other shit which will just add the pressure
Shhhh! I haven't gone through feature article therapy yet. :(

Chelle

ME ME ME!! im stuffed too!!

Themes do you guys know something on all themes? or just a few themes?

Up until about 1 hour ago i had only studied two themes, then i was just going through the hsc 2001 paper and i was like shit! they specified a theme.. sooo im stuffed

Wahlito

I have absolutely no idea how to go about K.L. at all.

Lets just hope they ask a very general question.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
*puts hand up* pick me pick me

im fucked too.... you guys complaining about havinh 2/3 readings... i have NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just have a couple of productions, a couple of scenes and one theme.... so if they specify im completely fucked!

timmii

sporadic attendee
King Lear is massive...but you guys seem pretty well prepared. Relax for a bit and think about it holistically. Do you know the story of the play? What do you feel is important? Why do you think it is important? What have others/may others feel is important, and why? How could you emphasise what you/others think is important?

If you have some poor sibling/parent/guardian/teddy bear you can harass, take 5mins out and just "talk" to them about the play - explain what its about, and different values within it.

If you can close your eyes, take a breath and feel you can answe those questions, you should be ok. Critical readings, productions, focus scenes and quotes are essentially what you use as evidence/stimulus to answer questions that are basically extending upon "what does King Lear mean?", "what *can* king lear mean?"

slyball

Originally posted by timmii
King Lear is massive...but you guys seem pretty well prepared. Relax for a bit and think about it holistically. Do you know the story of the play? What do you feel is important? Why do you think it is important? What have others/may others feel is important, and why? How could you emphasise what you/others think is important?
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
So many questions. i can't do this. AHHHHHHHHHHH! i feel the urge to scream. (actually i just went out into my garden and let out a huge scream..) :(

timmii

sporadic attendee
They're not big questions, they're clarification questions. Rather than having all that knowledge frenetically scrambling round in ur mind ready to make u panic, i genuinely recommend you just take a couple of moments to chill and put in perspective all the frantic knowledge u've collected about readings and themes and critics and quotes etc...it'll make it a lot easier to collect your thoughts and manipulate the info for an answer if you informally take the time to collect your thoughts tonite.

That goes for all english topics. The module topic names should give you some direction e.g "the wild" - what do you think is important, what do the authors think is important, how is this conveyed...etc etc... you don't even need to write it down, say it aloud, explaining it to a pet just take some time to relax ok?

Good luck! :D

SmokedSalmon

HSC
Thanks timmii... fan of south park by any chance?
Anyway look as long as you people know two productions very well (Real or imagined)
Two readings i.e. feminism or family drama or nihilism or aristotelian tragedy. I only know two myself.
An idea of what the times was like for the shakespearian audience (context people!!)
Then you'll be ok. It is easy peasy... don't let Lear overwhelm you.

apollo

i got 17/20 for my trial on 0 study, just paying attention in class :D

have worked hours at it this time... hoping for closer to 20/20 ;\

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)