Anyone play Midnight Maximum Tune? (1 Viewer)

EdwardHeartsU

HSC
As per the title. I've only started playing Midnight Maximum Tune 3DX+ around December 2013, when the school holidays kicked in. Not sure how I began but I just did when I went into an arcade with a few friends. Slowly but surely, I've made my way up, learning tricks of the trade, maxing out a car to 825 HP. A few weeks later, conquered an area, holding the title for 3 weeks.

The gameplay is great, but the graphics aren't as good once you move onto another game. I ended up spending a few weeks farming for stars (VS Player wins) and eventually starting another card since I did not like my initial name. However, I was quite bored after a while and story mode was too tedious and tiring to finish even though I'm almost finished.

I moved on to Midnight Maximum Tune 4, where everyone else played. I started off as a newbie, but romped over opponents with 61 consecutive wins for story mode and 28 consecutive wins for VS Player. Car stayed the same, but not fully tuned. As per MMT3DX+, its too tedious. I have no idea why, but cars are my interest and these games I find fascinating. I planned to spend day after day at the arcade after the HSC finishes, and maybe buy a machine. So, anyone else play? and where?

EDIT: I don't play MT3 anymore, just MT4.

MMT3DX+ Name(s):
EJ=★8, Nissan Skyline GTR V Spec II, 825 HP/DG
EJ★★★, Nissan Skyline GTR V Spec II, 550 HP/D
MMT4 Name(s):
EJ★★★, Nissan Skyline GTR V Spec II B6 Rank
MMTEJ, Nissan R35 Spec V, C4 Rank
MMTEJ, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8 CT9A, C1 Rank
♦E★J♦, Mazda RX-8 Type S, C4 Rank

Last edited:

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I played a few times with mates.

One time, some random guy came when it was my friend's turn and had a tuned evo (this thing got to 240km/hr easily with 200 more HP than my stock car) and I was using a stock WRX (which struggles to get to 210km/hr).

So I smashed the guy doing drifts around the corners and somehow only just beat him.

If you drift around the corners, you have to use manual or else the drift will fail.

And I hope you aren't wasting $200+ on this stuff. In the 3 times I've gone I haven't used more than $10 altogether.

EDIT: I don't know which one I played.

Last edited:

EdwardHeartsU

HSC
I play MMT4, I've probably only spent like $200 on it. $3 per game.

Update: I got the crown for a map in City Amusements.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
The music on maximum tune is so good for driving.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I stopped playing a while ago lol.

WMMT 1 came out when I was doing HSC. Had 4 cards- each tuned to different states (max tune 820hp, 600hp/B) to enable fair play against randoms, as well as give me a nice handicap even with assist disabled.

Then I had a few cards on 825hp on 2/3 (Evo 8, Evo 9, Evo X)... and brought them across.

But after that I just stopped. I converted one of the Evos (forget which one) to DX but stopped playing as it was a massive money sucker. I also bought a real life Evo X MR at some point in that journey and preferred to spend money on real parts lol.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
The music on maximum tune is so good for driving.
Nah Drum and Bass is best for driving (the ones I showed you before), especially for like drifting or racing.

Wow it's $3 a game now. Back in my time it was $2.20 a game at Timezone :) I hit Sapphire at Timezone thanks to this and DDR.
Haha damn lol.

I only play on random occasions though with a few friends or something. Its pretty epic when having a 1v1 with a friend.

EdwardHeartsU

HSC
I don't really invest quite a lot of money into it. I mostly get free games off wins when people challenge me. Often, I just spend $9-12 and the other games are from challenges from other people which I win, thus having a free game. It wouldn't hurt buying a machine to play but it would be costly. Doesn't matter because I may be getting a job at City Amusements soon so more games for me.

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I used to rely on the free games to play but it depends where you are- I had good odds in my local arcade but playing in Market City (back then when it was galaxy world), I didn't have such good odds. Once it became more than 1 on 1, and you sometimes had groups of people slamming you into the wall on purpose, I lost interest.

EdwardHeartsU

HSC
I used to rely on the free games to play but it depends where you are- I had good odds in my local arcade but playing in Market City (back then when it was galaxy world), I didn't have such good odds. Once it became more than 1 on 1, and you sometimes had groups of people slamming you into the wall on purpose, I lost interest.
All the people have full tune cars; meaning they bought a card and played heaps. Most 'pro' players play dirty (e.g. blocking, zero braking, slamming you into walls or traffic, bumping traffic) and you just gotta learn to counter it. I've only played for 3 months and I'm pretty much up there at the moment. To quote one, 'You're probably the only rookie that's given me a run for my money'.

Anyhow, I moderate myself when I play. Come holidays, I walk between Timezone and City Amusements throughout the day, to check on my crowns (Top player at the venue) and reclaim one if someone beat me. Normally? probably once a month or less due to HSC and study. I try my best to maximise my play time with as little credit as possible. Once I manage to play about 20 games on end with only $3 credit as I win all VS games until everyone left.

But if anyone wants a challenge, I'll be at City Amusements around midday during school holidays. I rarely go during school time.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL... it's been a long time since I cared about being on the top rankings. I'm not skilled enough anymore.

EdwardHeartsU

HSC
LOL... it's been a long time since I cared about being on the top rankings. I'm not skilled enough anymore.
Skill doesn't just disappear. Just practice. I only play during school holidays or once a month to relieve stress and satisfy the boy racer cravings that I suppress when I drive to and from school.

All that matters is that you've had a go at a real evo, and some powerful RWD vehicles.
Oh wow, he's got his full license already? I'm jealous..

EDIT: In other news,

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
was in a new M5 and SL63 last week. Both were epic. And I LOVE the active seat cushions in corners!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I better not go too far off topic, but I admit that watching Tokyo Drift inspired me to buy an Evo, and once I had a real life one, I bought a WMMT card to make the Evo X look just like mine and avoiding all the cosmetic mods which looked different.

EdwardHeartsU

HSC
I better not go too far off topic, but I admit that watching Tokyo Drift inspired me to buy an Evo, and once I had a real life one, I bought a WMMT card to make the Evo X look just like mine and avoiding all the cosmetic mods which looked different.
I'm keen to see your Evo, could you upload a picture?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)