Anyone thinking of a remark? (1 Viewer)

SmokedSalmon

HSC
I am pleased with all my marks except one subject. I still cannot believe my mark was so low. (29/50) - history ext (for HSC exam mark, assesment mark and overall HSC mark) ... should I opt for a remark?
I don't care about the cost. I'm just curious on whether I should stay put or have it remarked. thanks people.

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
I want to know why my DT external mark is so low...

I swear I did really good in my MDP and the theory test...

I demand a remark! 20 mins is not going to mark my folio :p

is a roflcopter
HSC
i heard that if they counted less they would add it on
but if they overcounted they wouldnt change it

so its a win win situation

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
i heard that a remark was $20 or $25 coz a guy i know did it last yr. truthfully, i think it would b a waste of money coz the teachers r just gonna be shitty that they have 2 remark & probably wont give u nemore...

then again, they might b in a good mood...if u reckon that u deserve much more then i say do it :)

Saul

*ss
HSC
they don't remark, they recheck - meaning they just check they added up correctly, i dont think they actually go through it again

Agent Z

HSC
You were right the first time, its $11

And as Saul said, they dont remark your paper as such, they only go through and check if there has been any clerical errors and adding up the marks.

Agent Z

HSC
If you ask me there would be a very low chance of any clerical errors made. But still, if you want piece of mind go for it.

From what i've heard if you want a re-mark you will be recieving your forms on MONDAY

A recheck is a method of checking the clerical processing of marks for exam papers, to ensure that all questions attempted
have been marked and that the marks awarded have been correctly computed. If you would like the Board of Studies to carry out a recheck you should complete the list below. Payment must be made before the recheck can be processed. Either enclose a cheque made out to the Office of the Board of Studies or fully complete the credit card details section and:

post it to GPO Box 5300, Sydney 2001;
or
fax it (credit card payments only) to (02) 9367 8078;
or
deliver it in person to Level 4, 117 Clarence Street, Sydney.

Applications close 9 January 2004.

Agent Z

HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
but make sure that if they overcounted, that they don't give u a lower score than what u already got! :p
I Checked on that and if they did overcount they CANT give you a lower score.

Its a higher score or no change

And it turns out that If you want a English Paper remarked it will cost you $22 rather than the usual $11 for all other subjects

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i wanna go for a remark for IPT coz i got 79 (i really really wanted 80. i wouldnt have cared if i got even say 75, but i swear the markers just didnt want me to reach my goal)
so yeah, id do it, but im terrified id get lower ;)

EDIT: just read above post, ignore my comments about going lower.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)