Appealing for recheck (1 Viewer)

rrlm910

HSC
Has there ever been a case where some of the booklets have not been marked? I only got 70s in the physics exam but I came out thinking I could have easily gotten a raw of 80+...
The supervisor lady seemed to do something weird with my booklets and told me not to write booklet numbers and just put it along with the rest of the booklet for the same section.
If not all booklets were able to reach the markers, would asking for a re-check not solve the problem?

Also does the internal ranks affect MY examination mark in any possible way?

Thanks

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Nothing affects YOUR examination mark - you always get your own exam mark.

Could some of your booklets gone missing - highly unlikely given all the checks in place e.g. when the exam is finished you fill in a form to say how many booklets you used and the supervisors check that that is how many booklets you have handed in. Then they package up the exam booklets from your school and send them to the marking centre where again they check the number of booklets they are supposed to be getting is the number they did get. Then after all the booklets are marked they check that all the marks are entered properly.

If you do think something is wrong by all means ask for a clerical recheck - or even ask to get a copy of your Physics paper back - then you will see if the BOS actually got all your booklets.

I am not saying it isn't possible for a paper to go missing but that it is highly unlikely.

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
Has there ever been a case where some of the booklets have not been marked? I only got 70s in the physics exam but I came out thinking I could have easily gotten a raw of 80+...
The supervisor lady seemed to do something weird with my booklets and told me not to write booklet numbers and just put it along with the rest of the booklet for the same section.
If not all booklets were able to reach the markers, would asking for a re-check not solve the problem?

Thanks
it's not the board's fault you left an exam feeling cocky

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
it's not the board's fault you left an exam feeling cocky
Was about to say, "That's a bit mean..." and then I read in the OP "I could have easily gotten a raw of 80+"

Her opinion = justified.

Seriously, raw of 80... that's like Band 6 quality, I'd think.

nimabi

HSC
same thing happened to me, i only got 78 in examination mark for chinese,but im rankd 1/20 and 94/100 for my assessment mark, so there is horrible 16 difference between these two marks. i have applied for recheck,its impossible for me to get 78 in externals. i thought i can easily get over 90 at least.//// pretty shocked.

Last edited:

rrlm910

HSC
Hey guys, thanks for all the replies.
Sorry I came across a little cocky, but just a little shocked and disappointed because this put me so far from my ATAR goal...

same thing happened to me, i only got 78 in examination mark for chinese,but im rankd 1/20 and 94/100 for my assessment mark, so there is horrible 16 difference between these two marks. i have applied for recheck,its impossible for me to get 78 in externals. i thought i can easily get over 90 at least.//// pretty shocked.
If you see this, could you please let me know how your recheck goes?

nimabi

HSC
Hey guys, thanks for all the replies.
Sorry I came across a little cocky, but just a little shocked and disappointed because this put me so far from my ATAR goal...

If you see this, could you please let me know how your recheck goes?
im still waiting for a message from bos. i applied a result check on 'students online'. maybe within 20 working days.

if i get any infor, i will post here.

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Mate, i came out thinking i'd get 75-80. The fact is, i actually did, but my cohort affected me so much i ended up with 72. So before you ask for a re-check, think about whether your class could have effected your mark. (I got taken down, because half of them most likely recieved 20-30%, i also have a small class)

To be honest, there is no point in re-checking, because your atar is out. If you haven't got the ATAR needed look for other courses, or do alternative entrys.

13abie

HSC

Thanks
perfectly justified, my internal mathamatics mark was 97, my external was 85. I double checked my working and went over Terry Lee answers and feel like I should have got at the very least 93. Knocks down my ATAR by about .4 so I can see why you would think this. Apply for the recheck, best of luck we both need it.

HSC
Uni Grad
the reported exam mark is the aligned mark

it will differ from your raw mark

like i only got ~75% in the 4U exam but on my results thing it says i got 94

yr12yr12

HSC
N/A
question: does your school get notified if u apply for a re-check?

zhiying

HSC
Most times you lose marks for your working out rather than your answer (especially in math), which is very hard to be unbiased when checking after an exam. BOS rarely ever makes mistakes so just prepare to accept that you bombed the exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)