Application Guide for med/dent to Oz (1 Viewer)

sambo_rambo

HSC
UNCLE/UNSW preferences

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for all the valuable input you put in about the preferences thing and whether it determines an interview offer. It's looking much clearer now.

Sam
P.S. Sorry it took me so long to write back, but i get confused on these things and I lost where I wrote the post :p

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Hehe that's cool, next time an idea is to search your own posts. Not very useful for someone like me, but in your case you only had three so it would have nailed the thread instantly. :)

sambo_rambo

HSC
BMed vs. MBBS

Hi everyone,
Just wondering what the difference is between the qualification you get from doing a bachelor of medicine (i.e. at newcastle) and a bachelor of medicine/bachelor of surgery (most other unis).

Thanks,
Sam

Waldo

Hiding Somewhere
HSC
lol aww come on, where's the basic research?

simple answer: There is no difference

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
sambo_rambo said:
Hi everyone,
Just wondering what the difference is between the qualification you get from doing a bachelor of medicine (i.e. at newcastle) and a bachelor of medicine/bachelor of surgery (most other unis).

Thanks,
Sam
you get the right to say you went to a better med school than everywhere else in australia
hahahha
nah, just kidding. There is no difference.

Next time some dickhead says that at Newcastle you can't do surgery because it's BMed as opposed to MBBS, you can correct them. :rolleyes:

sambo_rambo

HSC
Thanks, I didn't think so. Just wanted to check that it was all in the name.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
the med school?
cos i dun think any med school doesnt have stoners..

inasero

Reborn
HSC
haha im a good boy :rolleyes:
the closest ive ever come to drugs is seeing a hydroponic setup and smelling the stench of the stuff whilst at a pub...but after seeing "requiem for a dream"...no thanks!

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
yeh, all those stoners in newc med, they stick their heads in the vats and drink all that methanol.

Of course you get the occasional body part getting swallowed, but it's all worth it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)